Author Topic: Back again  (Read 503 times)

Traveller

Back again
« on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »
Some times you just have to get away..

Got fed up with Brexit, animals, M&S ads., telling beggars to get a job with a final salary pension - and in fact,  with the world in general,  so we finished up our work here and headed back to England to visit our daughters and do some shopping.

Had a great time, and our younger girl treated us to a visit to 'Christmas at Chatsworth  house'.  The house was extremely well decorated inside with the theme of "Childrens' stories".  It was rather a pity that decorations obscured much of the artwork and sculpture, but maybe we'll get the see the house properly some time.

Stopped off in Lake district on the way back up and stocked up on cheap(er) English booze!
You'll have had your tea.

Scrumpy

Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »
We have been there.. It is a beautiful place.. Pride and Prejudice was film there.. It is easy to imagine Mr Darcey after swimming in the lake.. White shirt and all...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2018, 04:45:09 PM »
You're right Scrumpy, a lot of that film was shot at Chatsworth but the lake scene was shot at Lyme Hall not far from me.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
The seat of the Duke of Devonshire.  Its not a million miles away from me.  I've been quite a few times, but I've not done the tour of the house. We usually meet up there as a family in the summer, the childrens playground is really good. The grounds are lovely too.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »
But it would be a better world if beggars were to get a job with a good company pension scheme.

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
If they did some evidence suggests it could come at a cost to their mental health...

Traveller

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2018, 06:48:44 PM »
We had planned to have a walk in the grounds, but the weather was terrible on the day we visited.  I'll post a couple of photos of the decorations.
You'll have had your tea.