Author Topic: Would you take to the streets  (Read 1825 times)

zoony

Re: Would you take to the streets
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:29:39 AM »
Damn right we're not united. Not only this but preceding regimes have ensured the widening of the gap between 'just managing' and 'I'm alright Jack, f*ck you' to encompass most of the population and not only that but unashamedly. Given that and the EU debacle, things haven't felt this socially precarious since the Thatcher era.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2019, 04:54:47 AM »
yer right Zoony, an this smells very much like you would expect blue touch paper to smell..
there are lots just sitting waiting to see whats gonna happen, but i dont think it will take much for it to blow up in their faces.... the words of the song have been changed by people with two faces

"the working class
can kiss my ass
ive got an MPs job at last"

we have sat back for generations allowing ourselves to be [censored] upon from varying heights, so when we finally do rise, i shudder to think where it will stop... there have been too many wrongs...from banning the English flag,in England... to the need for food banks...balderdash..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

fortyone

« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2019, 09:16:29 PM »
17 weeks on the trot.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/03/09/france-yellow-vests-march-against-macron-17th-weekend-straight/

The French can certainly teach us how to make political protests. They have even gained some concessions but no real success.

Yet.