Author Topic: Decorations are down..  (Read 1117 times)

Maddie Malone

Re: Decorations are down..
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:45:25 AM »
Someone was interviewing the chaps who did the questions for QI and they were saying years ago people used to keep their decorations up until February 1st to help them through a dark and depressive January.

Raven

« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2019, 01:45:37 PM »
Our mum was ridged on the Twelve Days of Christmas. Decorations went up on the 23rd of December and down on the 6th of January. Always, never budged from those dates.

Alex22

« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2019, 01:52:28 PM »
6th January for me too, fortunately I didn't bother putting up the tree so it's only cards, door wreath and fairy lights to come down, it should take about 5 minutes  ;D

firenze

« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2019, 04:39:26 PM »
I can't wait to take down the trappings,much as I appreciate the thoughts the muddle mess is depressing  when Bon homie fades!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Johned

« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »
It's not twelfth night yet so can't bedeck the Christmas tree.  In our back sitting room we like to put up a small tree which constantly changes it's lighting to new patterns but to the disappointment of my little great grandson we could not find the mains adaptor for it.  Guess what, whilst having a sort out today, we found the device though a little too late so have put it in the same box as the tree hopefully ready for the coming Christmas!