Author Topic: mail order catalogues  (Read 820 times)

Alfred

mail order catalogues
« on: Jan 04, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »

Since  on line shopping, has it seems taken over from shopping in the high street,...... well almost, i wonder where mail order catalogues comes in ,

Q;     do you think M.O.C. will be the next victim , or will they survive , what are your thoughts regarding if or when for many it comes to  buying purchases this way,.

Michael Rolls

Re: mail order catalogues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
Well, there is a wine merchant's with whom I deal - only ever bought on-line from them but they regularly send me glossy catalogues full of temptation.  Similarity Hotter shoes, Woolover clothing, Cotton Traders, etc. I think that sort of approach will continue, at least for the time being, as merchants hope to spurring you into thinking about them
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:03:41 AM »
Since  on line shopping, has it seems taken over from shopping in the high street,...... well almost, i wonder where mail order catalogues comes in ,

Q;     do you think M.O.C. will be the next victim , or will they survive , what are your thoughts regarding if or when for many it comes to  buying purchases this way,.

Yes, Very is Littlewoods mail order catalogue online.

Amazon is a mail order based business.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Sheila

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:29:23 AM »
I had a catalogue (probably Littlewoods) over 40 years ago when my children were small and I couldn't get to the shops easily.  The incentive for taking out this catalogue was a free Tower slow cooker.  I have a more modern one now but it is nowhere near as good as the old Tower one which I still use.  It can no longer be left all day because some of the glaze must have worn off and I have to stir the stew regularly but the result is good!

We get catalogues from Hotter and Cotton Traders and have tried, without success, to cancel them.  The fit of Hotter shoes changed to wider some years ago and no longer fit me and Cotton Traders seems to have gone more expensive.

Traveller

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »
I also get a wine catalogue and I do order the odd case - mainly Portuguese wines and ports.  Not so many from Cotton traders or Hotter shoes, but we have outlets for both of them in Aberdeen.

Most of the catalogues we get are for seeds and garden accessories - especially at this time of year.  Mrs. T orders most of her plant seeds on-line as garden centres only tend to stock the most common varieties. 
You'll have had your tea.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2019, 10:48:28 AM »

I get a seed and plant catalogue. I look through it and then order on line..
I think catalogues as I remember, are dying off. My sister ran a catalogue for many years and she had quite a few family customers. I think it was called GRATTANS.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2019, 11:58:11 AM »
I had a Kays Catalogue  for many years, it was great for the kids when they were growing up. Also had much more choice than the local shops. I gave it up around 20 years ago now.
I had a plant catalogue sent to me, It was called Bakers (i think) and I often bought from it, again because of the great choice. But I must have been removed from their mailing list as I've not had one for a couple of years..

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »
I had a Kays Catalogue  for many years, it was great for the kids when they were growing up. Also had much more choice than the local shops. I gave it up around 20 years ago now.
I had a plant catalogue sent to me, It was called Bakers (i think) and I often bought from it, again because of the great choice. But I must have been removed from their mailing list as I've not had one for a couple of years..

Could it have been Bakkers?

If so you can order from their website.

https://www.bakker.com/en-gb
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2019, 12:39:27 PM »
I expect printed catalogues will fall victim to technology, as you can find things in a web site more easily, usually, providing the company includes the tools.

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »
Could it have been Bakkers?

If so you can order from their website.

https://www.bakker.com/en-gb

Yes, That's them Thankyou. I have emailed them and asked to be sent a Catalogue.  ;D