Author Topic: Famous first words...  (Read 1139 times)

Raven

Re: Famous first words...
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2019, 10:15:13 PM »
It's not been plain sailing over the years, we have had some real hell cat fights. Lol. Good job I kept my own home in Perth. I always have a place to go to. When we were in our twenties we fought all the time, usually over his girlfriends. But we always ended up pals again.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »
I have known my partner of 15 years since I was 12 years and he was 4 years. My dad's brother worked on my partners dad's farm and I used to go up there nearly every school holiday. Dunc always latched onto me as his big sister my friend, would not play with him, I always felt so sorry for him when she sent him away, I would play and I took him to the beach as well. We have always been close but I never expected us to become a couple, it was weird and I wasn't sure I wanted it to be like that, he was my best friend. But with a bit of adjusting it's turned out fine.
Have no idea what our first words were at all.  ::)

Just a different type of playing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Johned

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
We celebrated our Diamond Wedding last September but met in church when we were both 14.  I was in the choir and remarked to a fellow chorister who was the new girl sitting at the back of the church?  Got talking to her after the service and have been with each other through thick and thin ever since!

em

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »
Another beautiful real-life love story! Congratulations,Johned.What's the next one after diamond?

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2019, 10:44:32 PM »
We celebrated our Diamond Wedding last September but met in church when we were both 14.  I was in the choir and remarked to a fellow chorister who was the new girl sitting at the back of the church?  Got talking to her after the service and have been with each other through thick and thin ever since!

Wow!...John, that's impressive. I can't imagine how devoted and loyal, (I don't mean to be cloying), you must be to each other, despite the 'thicks and thins of it. Here's to your Platinum one my friend. And regards to the saint you married! ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:48:18 PM »
Well done Johned.  We've had our Golden 2 years ago, but a Diamond wedding is rare!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2019, 12:08:02 AM »
Some of us, sadly or not, weren't destined to have such lasting relationships but, speaking for myself, I think I missed out. I did many things and had many experiences that might be envied by those that didn't but at the same time I've missed out on the joys that committed relationships bring. Grown up kids that know where they came from and the pleasure that their kids bring to a wrinkly life in those later years. I regret nothing at all, don't get me wrong, 's just that lives pan out so differently and perhaps we all regret that which we didn't have or let slip? Where would life be if not flying in the face of regrets..

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:39:53 AM »
Convert to Bhuddism. I think they give you multiple tries so you could go for grandkids on your next circuit.

If you do be sure to build up a substantial pension pot as you will certainly need it.

Diasi

« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »
Some of us, sadly or not, weren't destined to have such lasting relationships but, speaking for myself, I think I missed out. I did many things and had many experiences that might be envied by those that didn't but at the same time I've missed out on the joys that committed relationships bring. Grown up kids that know where they came from and the pleasure that their kids bring to a wrinkly life in those later years. I regret nothing at all, don't get me wrong, 's just that lives pan out so differently and perhaps we all regret that which we didn't have or let slip? Where would life be if not flying in the face of regrets..

Life isn't one or the other.

There are plenty of men who've stuck to a so-called committed relationship for 40 years or more, only to have it fizzle out just as they enter old age & with the double whammy of the kids & grandkids taking sides with their mother / grandmother.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

firenze

« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
Zoony....regrets? Who hasn't got these, sadly there is no second try at a life lived.  The focus has to be where you are at now! 
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »
Of course you're right Firenze and I live firmly in the now. Guess I was just feeling a bit wistful. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

firenze

« Reply #26 on: Jan 12, 2019, 04:17:51 PM »
Zoony being wistful is allowed, opportunities lost? a few maybe but take the ones you can.  I'm wistful today too, I've spent the weekend with my son a high achieving individual, he is just 'my boy' when he comes. I know I won't know the end of his story.  Enjoy what you can  when you can and to 'pot' with the rest!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.