Author Topic: The weather.  (Read 1836 times)

minniemouse

The weather.
« on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:03:47 AM »
Anybody had snow yet?   Very cold here, rain but no snow, (famous last words maybe)
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

zoony

Re: The weather.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:05:33 AM »
No, just icy cold. Lovely sunshine yesterday despite the cold. Expect Raven's seen some..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2019, 05:32:30 AM »
We had quite a lot of snow yesterday here on The Wirral (not too far from zoony) and at one point thought it might stick but fortunately the temperature stayed just high enough to stop it.

It just turned to rain in the evening.  I hate this weather and am on a countdown to a holiday in Cuba and when we get back, spring will be round the corner.

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »
Yes, we have had quite a bit. Snow ploughs are out in force.  :'(  I hate the snow.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2019, 07:52:47 AM »
We had an inch and a half on the 15th of December which froze hard overnight making our yard a skating rink 0 very, very dangerous. To cover the ten feet from the back door to the car I had to use Veronica's Zimmer frame plus studded boots, and it then took 30 minutes to get the car ice free. Thawed over the next 48 hours and apart from a flurry which only lasted about 15 minutes three days ago, nothing since, although I have seen some vehicles on the road with quite a bit of snow on them over the last couple of days.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:30:43 AM »
but it is quite pretty, isnt it?
our garden looks just like next-doors for a change
they will be pleased
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »

No snow down here in the SE.. It is very calm.. No frost either.. Nor wind.
  Blimey.. even the weather is boring..
 I like a bit of snow..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

firenze

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2019, 10:46:12 AM »
East Coast near the sea....a beautiful sunny morning unfroze birds water all is well!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

fortyone

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2019, 11:06:31 AM »
This is a poor area. We can't afford any snow. I think the council are saving up for a bit of sleet for us later.

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »
 ;D  There's a Python sketch in that... ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
This is a poor area. We can't afford any snow. I think the council are saving up for a bit of sleet for us later.

I live in Yorkshire.  We're much poorer here. 😆  No snow, just really cold today.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2019, 04:14:03 AM »
and we in South Yorkshire are even poorer, we cant afford proper snow,it falls as slush,and if we dont get up in the middle of the night to shift it,it can be like Laurel & Hardy on ice the next day
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2019, 09:00:50 AM »

Another boring day here.. Sun is breaking (must remember that it is break and not brake) through...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2019, 10:17:50 AM »
and we in South Yorkshire are even poorer, we cant afford proper snow,it falls as slush,and if we dont get up in the middle of the night to shift it,it can be like Laurel & Hardy on ice the next day

I'm in South Yorkshire too Crabby. Not even slush today, just grey damp. I might go to the supermarket later, I need the excitement.  ::)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:18:00 AM »
I'm just back from the Supermarket, and you should see all the filled to overflowing trollys, it's worse than the Christmas Holidays.  :o  At this rate food will be getting rationed before March 29th. The wee lass on the till looked knackered and it was only 10am.  ::)