Author Topic: catarac  (Read 2357 times)

sparky

Re: catarac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
Fortyone, I have had both done, and just like your wife I was very nervous, but tell her for me anyway, nothing at all to worry about, in fact putting the drops in afterwards was more agrrevating than the ops.

fortyone

« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2019, 12:21:53 PM »
Thanks for the reassurances sparky. She's had plenty already but still doesn't fancy the idea. Come to that nor would I but so far mine seem OK so perhaps I'll not need it done.

minniemouse

« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:11:49 PM »
I was nervous about having mine done.  It was a teaching Hospital and students were performing the operations whilst being monitored.  I didn't fancy having a student as apart from anything else, they took longer.  I exaggerated my nervousness so that I could have the surgeon do it and it worked.  After the first eye, I realised the operation itself is in fact a piece of cake.  You don't feel a thing, no scar, bleeding or pain afterwards and the whole thing only took 20 minutes.  There was music playing in the theatre which had a soothing affect.  Now I knew what to expect I wasn't nervous at all about having my second eye done.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

katkin11

« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:57:17 PM »
hi minnie mouse maybe i was just unlucky/ i did have 2 assesments but no one picked up the scratch on the cornea xxxxx

minniemouse

« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »
I hope you feel better soon.

katkin11

« Reply #20 on: Feb 09, 2019, 01:59:18 PM »
Had what's known as a 'myopic shift' recently which is apparently the precursor of cataracts. Optician says it'll be another year or so before it/they are operable. I'll be interested to hear your post-op report Katkin.
hi zoony mine didnt go very well i still cannot see writing thru my left eye as i said in an earlier post after the op i went to specsavers 2 days later they sent me straight to emergency eye clinic ,i had a scratch on my cornea and a viral infection in the eye as well,i could have been just unlucky but i wouldnt have the other eye done  if needed.xxx

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Feb 09, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »
Sorry to hear that and I hope it's atypical! :)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:55:24 PM »

Our neighbour has, within the past year, had both her eyes done & she says the improvement to her eyesight is well worth it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Ashy

« Reply #23 on: Feb 09, 2019, 06:03:48 PM »
Hope it works out all right in the end. My father had this surgery some years ago and he could see better afterwards.

katkin11

« Reply #24 on: Feb 09, 2019, 09:35:11 PM »
most people are lucky and have no probs im sure u will be ok

minniemouse

« Reply #25 on: Feb 09, 2019, 11:37:32 PM »
That's right Katkin, you have been extremely unlucky.  How sad that it's put you off having the other eye done.  When the time comes, you could always ask to go to a different Hospital.  I was given a choice.

katkin11

« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
hi minnie, it wasnt the op itself, it was the fact i had a scatch on the cornea and somehow got an infection as well,cosidering i had op 24th eye was covered in the theatre,left shield on/on the sat 26th i had the scratch and infection specsavers think its strange.