Author Topic: catarac  (Read 2359 times)

katkin11

catarac
« on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:35:47 AM »
hi having surgery on thursday only my left eye/ any of you kind posters got any advice for me/i know i have to put drops in my eye but how often and how many times a day/also any other advice you can give mexxxxxxxxxx

Alex22

Re: catarac
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
I can't offer any advice as mine aren't " ripe " yet  ;D ;D   Good luck for Thursday though.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »
No I've not had anything like that done but good luck.
This link might help.  ;)

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/cataract-surgery-recovery.htm

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:47:37 AM »
I've had a cataract removed successfully. Putting drops in (I think three or four times daily) wasn't a problem, always make sure your hands are clean when you touch the eye.  I hope it goes well.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

katkin11

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
hi granny mac thanks for reply does it sting when drops are put in and for how long im buying a eye drop dispencer which im told is easier xxxx

katkin11

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:53:29 AM »
I can't offer any advice as mine aren't " ripe " yet  ;D ;D   Good luck for Thursday though.
ripe sounds like a banana x

GrannyMac

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2019, 11:55:05 AM »
Its not painful, slightly stingy for a moment, but very bearable.  The little squeezy bottles were easy to use.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:14:45 PM »
ripe sounds like a banana x
That's what I thought  ! 

Sheila

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:19:09 PM »
I knew I had to have mine done when I became frightened of crossing the road.  I'm grateful that my husband put my drops in for me as that made it easier.

I now have 20/20 vision but need reading glasses.  I have Poundland glasses all over the house.

I'm thinking about forming a CASP society (campaign against small print).  I bought a bottle of moisturiser which said on the front 'everyday moisture'.  It didn't rub in very well and I couldn't understand why until one day I had my glasses on and discovered it was shampoo.  Oops!

katkin11

« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »
hi i use reading glasses anyway/ mine need doing asap its like ive got 20 sheets of clingfilm over my eye cannot see anything with my left eye just a blur

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »
Had what's known as a 'myopic shift' recently which is apparently the precursor of cataracts. Optician says it'll be another year or so before it/they are operable. I'll be interested to hear your post-op report Katkin.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2019, 04:50:29 PM »
You will be given precise instructions by the medical team about the drops.  Not everybody has the same prescription.  You have to put them in quite frequently at regular intervals for a few weeks.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

katkin11

Re: catarac update
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »
hi everyone had my catarac surgery didnt go to well through/ on the sat went back to specsavers as my eye had swelled up /sent straight to eye hosiptal consultant said i had a scratch on my cornea and viral infection in my eye put a massive pad on my eye sent me home/ but i had to go back the following morning.so now i have anti biotic cream as well as the drops,hoping all is well now xxxxxx

sparky

« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:44:45 AM »
If the governments latest ploy of offloading doctors appointments to pharmacists etc is the way we are going, cateract  patients in future  will be treated by Safestyle Windows. :P :P :P

fortyone

« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »

Hope it all gets fixed soon. I also hope my wife doesn't see this as she is expecting to be told she needs one fixing at her next eye test and is terrified.

It doesn't help that when my mother had her second eye done they spotted an error with the first. She said it was something to do with a stitch but could have been confused about the exact explanation she was given. I think most of these jobs get offloaded to private companies these day - certainly my mothers were and to different ones each time.