Author Topic: Old friends  (Read 3233 times)

em

Re: Old friends
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:06:46 PM »
Welcome back,UP. I,and I am sure several other members,have missed you.

fortyone

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:13:05 PM »
Ah yes. Those extreme views held by folks who believed that when we were told a vote to leave meant leaving the Customs Union, the Single Market, no longer under the jurisdiction of the ECJ meant we would be getting all those things when Leave won. Had you said naive Brexiteers I'd have no argument but "extreme" ? Really?

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »

I'm afraid my visits are very much to see what the extreme Brexiteers are saying without any moderation on their posts 41 and, as has been said, I can only see the politics threads if I sign in. 

It is interesting that you see me as a "fervent remainer" as I never have been and I am sure I said, on several occasions, that I was a 75% remain voter.  What I am is "fervent" about is putting and discussing the other point of view and that was never going to happen here.  I rather think that the fact that no one who expresses any remain views is allowed to express them on here for long means they you have been led to believe it is unusual but it was (and probably still is) half the country that didn't want to leave.

We live in interesting times as they say and this forum helps me try and understand the perspective of some of the more extreme views for which I will always be grateful.

Hi UP. No argument with the points you make. Folk who come on here expressing their preference as to leave are treated unreasonably. Especially if they express themselves clearly and provide links.
I don't see this as a site for 'Brexiteers' at all, despite that being the common view. It's an elder's chat and that's all. Those that abuse and bully others who think differently are abhorrent to many of us whatever political views we might have. Or not as in my case.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:34:18 PM »
Strange that none of those you presumably consider bullies have to have their contributions pre moderated though isn't it zoony?

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:54:31 PM »
Not idea what that's all about FO. If you know better I'd enjoy your insight..

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:03:12 PM »
Take a look at the bottom of UPs post.

As I've said to you many times disagreeing isn't bullying and I'm getting rather fed up of you constantly using that term. If you carry on I may well be forced to take a leaf out of your book. I suppose that means nothing to you either.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:04:31 PM »
Well Friday saw a brief visit from Cheddar Caveman but oddly enough I noticed another old friend lurking here among the active members for about an hour around 8pm on Friday too.
http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=4827
It would be good to hear from you again UP
How do you do that - notice some once active members are having quick looks.

fortyone

« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:08:07 PM »
It's been asked before in this thread. Recently active members are shown towards the end of the main entry page. I usually take a peep before logging in to see new posts.

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »
Take a look at the bottom of UPs post.

As I've said to you many times disagreeing isn't bullying and I'm getting rather fed up of you constantly using that term. If you carry on I may well be forced to take a leaf out of your book. I suppose that means nothing to you either.

'Constantly' is an interesting word..I don't know why Chris edits UP's posts but I've not known her to break forum rules, that I'm aware of. Perhaps Chris disagrees with the politics she expresses though it would seem obvious that as a moderator it's not in his/her remit to agree or disagree but merely to see the site rules played by. Oh, and feel free to take any leaf you wish out of my book. :)

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »
which particular book Zoony,to my mind you have many, non of which i can really disagree with  ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

fortyone

« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »
Certainly not constantly now but you were frequently accusing those who disagreed with UP of bullying. I think the last time I took you to task for that half a thread ended up getting wiped because somebody complained to the moderator. I rather assumed it was you.

zoony

« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:24:32 PM »
No idea ol' crab but it seems that FO has one in mind so you'd have to ask him I'm afraid..

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:27:29 PM »
Strange that none of those you presumably consider bullies have to have their contributions pre moderated though isn't it zoony?
A good point Forty.   The word 'bully' is much overused - a bit like 'racist '  >:(

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
Marmite...

Learning a lot today - I never noticed the active users before, nor was I aware that some post are being moderated.

fortyone

« Reply #29 on: Feb 11, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »
Only the one poster so far as I know.
The interesting thing, which I don't know, is why....