Author Topic: Lonesome Dove  (Read 157 times)

zoony

Lonesome Dove
« on: Jan 26, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »
   Just a quick follow up...I'm happy to report that the poor old Collared dove that lost it's mate seems to've pulled and is now a couple again.
Everybody falls through the stupid tree. Some hit different branches than others is all.

crabbyob

Re: Lonesome Dove
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:04:21 PM »
it gets cold sat on that perch all alone
every hill has a down side

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »

What did he 'pull' though.!  Is he perching with on the fence with an old crow..?
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »
They waste no time do they.. ;D

zoony

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
 ;D  I don't know who is what but the good news is that they're not identical so I can at least tell them apart. There's an awful lot of chasing about going on..
Everybody falls through the stupid tree. Some hit different branches than others is all.

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »
Pigeons and doves are at it all year round so it isn't particularly a sign of spring coming.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2019, 03:08:28 PM »
Ah how tweet.
LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2019, 03:56:05 PM »
Just nice to see two together again after almost three weeks of one alone and looking a bit lost..And yes, I do anthropomorphize them and shall continue to do so.  ;D

stellamaris

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:36:52 PM »
That was a lovely picture.  I can't see who it was from at the moment [might have been Raven, which would have been apt].

How do you know it is the same lonesome dove Zoony?  I am not doubting you, but kudos to you for knowing your birds!  I can recognize some of the blackbirds [I think] but only because they tend to come singly.  The partner is usually seen alone late in the day.  They are creatures of habit so I think I recognise them by their reactions to me.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »
The dove and partner have been regular visitors, several times a day, to my bird house since I set it up a year or two ago ago. I couldn't tell them apart but the new one is slightly different. I'm only about 6' from them so quite close.

crabbyob

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
isnt nature grand when it shows its smiley face?
we see its backside often enough
some Spanish friends have gone up north Tiger hunting
with their cameras i should add...
every hill has a down side

fortyone

« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2019, 09:43:35 AM »
Most birds are keen to show me their backsides if I get a camera out. Plus its amazing how much time they spend preening if you try to get a piccy. 75% of mine are of birds with their heads up their bums or underwater  :(

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »
The dove and partner have been regular visitors, several times a day, to my bird house since I set it up a year or two ago ago. I couldn't tell them apart but the new one is slightly different. I'm only about 6' from them so quite close.

Poor old Lonesome is alone again. Either she went back to her nest or the other 'alf came and got her. He sat in the bird house for ages this afternoon just staring out. Hope he doesn't do anything silly... ;)