Author Topic: a practical idea,  (Read 2215 times)

Ashy

Re: a practical idea,
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »
I agree with Stella, but since I live in a town that is overrun with foreigners from eastern europe and north africa, I do resent it.

fortyone

« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:28:20 PM »
We have a lot of immigrants. If you chat with any of them they are for the most part decent people. It still doesn't alter the fact that the numbers arriving haven't resulted in the increase in facilities to cope...

My grandson can't get in the school a few hundred yards away he has to go to one just inside the 3 mile limit for free transport. None of his school friends live near him.

I can't get a routine doctor appointment inside 3 to 4 weeks.

Like every hospital ours is struggling.

Most BTL properties are taken by immigrants. Council houses - what council houses. This puts even modest houses above what the generally poor paid jobs most youngsters have out of their reach. We get umpteen estate agent cards asking us to consider selling every week. The number of houses in multiple occupation continues to grow causing on street parking problems.

Walk around the town. Most folks you hear talking aren't speaking English. It makes you think you've picked a right dump for your holidays.

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »
I agree with Stella, but since I live in a town that is overrun with foreigners from eastern europe and north africa, I do resent it.

That could be a description of Peterborough.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2019, 08:06:56 AM »

That could be a description of Peterborough.

That could also describe far too many of our towns.