Author Topic: our favourite treats.  (Read 440 times)

Alfred

our favourite treats.
« on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »
Many years ago i had a craving for peanuts in their shells and i must have ate enough to become the worlds champion peanut eater,
does Percy Dalton ring a bell,

over time iv found i wasn't alone, for example my wife has a fancy for Maltesers. and once she starts she cannot stop until theyre all gone,

another lady i know has a craving for chocolate brazil nuts, and my cousin has a craving for bars of dark chocolate, my son get a fad for crisps and will eat packet after packet of them,

and so it seems many people fancy something or other and once they start eating what ever it is, they cant stop, and have to finish off the packet., bag, or what ever,

other people i know have a fancy for jellied eels , and i suppose the list goes on, and on, after all were all human, with our likes, and dislikes aren't we,.

Q; so do you have a craving for some thing that once you start eating you cant stop until you've eaten it entirely, as usual your replies and answers will make interesting reading,

Raven

Re: our favourite treats.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2019, 12:37:50 PM »
You don't dare bring a tub of Pringles into our home. They are opened, wolfed, and then the guilt trip.  ;D

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »
another man i know only recently stopped eating jelly beans as his teeth wont let him, he had been eating them for over eighty years he  is now 97,.

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2019, 01:02:13 PM »
 Yes peanuts, Dairy toffees, and crab claws, are my weaknesses trouble is I have to go to either Tewksbury market, or Witney market, for the claws, both a bit of a trek.

Johned

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2019, 01:24:48 AM »
When my wife was pregnant with our first daughter back in 1958 she had a craving for a Cadbury's chocolate bar called "Bliss."  Just about every evening I trotted off to our local corner shop for a couple of bars of same and I now tell my daughter she should have been named after the product!