Author Topic: Recycling  (Read 9115 times)

GrannyMac

Re: Recycling
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:20:55 AM »

We have a weekly bin collection.

Black general waste bin once a fortnight, weeks 1 and 3
Blue paper and card bin once a month, week 2
Brown bottle (glass & plastic) and tins once a month, week 4

No recycling of plastic wrappings or yoghurt pots, they go in general waste. We have a list of what goes where, and don't find it a problem. I do find it interesting how different local authorities work!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

sparky

« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:28:24 AM »
The whole system is a total shambles, their should be a  countrywide standard of what councils are obliged to collect and charges if any, and the same  variety of bin colour, irrespective of where one lives.

crabbyob

« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »
i dont even enjoy cycling, so why would i re-cycle???
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

sparky

« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »
crabby, that's because we are all saddled with it, ??? ??? ???

crabbyob

« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
perhaps if you got one of those jelly cushioned saddles  i might be easier
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Yellowbird

« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »
I put a package in the tin and cardboard bin with a bit of  food still in, the dustmen rejected my bin and left a message that I had put food in the wrong bin, Did they really go all through my bin to find this? That’s devotion to duty.
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

fortyone

« Reply #36 on: Feb 03, 2019, 01:28:06 PM »
We now have a wheelie bin for mixed recycling and they don't inspect it sfaik. Neither does the non recycling bin get looked in. It used to be seperate boxes for recycling and sometimes the plastic/metal would have bits of plastic of the wrong type left so I'd just tip it in the landfill bin. Garden stuff is free. I used to hate the boxes but the new system is fine and I have no complaints.

If they didn't take glass I'd put it in the landfill bin. I see no point wasting my time and polluting the planet with my diesel car taking melted sand for a long drive.

biglouis

« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2019, 04:00:06 AM »
We have a blue bin for card and paper waste and a brown one for tin cans and bottles. Everyone is supposed to carefully separate out the different types of waste - but it all gets tipped into the same big wagon! As the Americans say - go figure.
So what incentive is there for people to behave like obedient little sheep and do as the town hall nazis tell us? None at all. Many people genuinely resent being told that they should spend their valuable time cleaning out bottles and cans for no pay. This is what we pay ripoff council tax for.

The whole system is such a corrupt shambles that it has become a badge of honour to some of us to fool the "bin police".
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Ashy

« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2019, 05:43:15 AM »
We are being treated like germans. This is how they carry on.

fortyone

« Reply #39 on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:09:05 AM »
> but it all gets tipped into the same big wagon

At the caravan park where I spend most of the summer the glass dumpster along with the tins one and all the general bagged waste go into the same wagon. I no longer bother separating mine there.

firenze

« Reply #40 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
Agree GrannyMac...E.Riding Council the waste is colour binned and collected separately.  I've been to the Tip and it is equally well organised for waste types.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Diasi

« Reply #41 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
Agree GrannyMac...E.Riding Council the waste is colour binned and collected separately.  I've been to the Tip and it is equally well organised for waste types.

Our bins are collected separately & the extremely well-organised recycling centre has lots of separate skips & containers.

As with all regulations & laws, society depends on the vast majority of people abiding by them but you'll always get those who don't see why they should.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #42 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:36:32 PM »

We have a Black wheelie for re-cycling.. Green wheelie for all other rubbish.
 A Black open top bin for paper and cardboard and a little Green click and close bin for food waste.... We also have a brown Wheelie bin for garden waste (60 pounds ) a year.. I think... Thank goodness I'm not colour blind..!!

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #43 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:19:21 AM »
"As with all regulations & laws, society depends on the vast majority of people abiding by them but you'll always get those who don't see why they should."

Its that kind of thinking that has always kept the toffs in power. Smacks of passivity or even weakness. If no one had ever said "no" we would still have children working in the mines and factories.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #44 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:38:18 AM »
God bless the squire and his relations
And keep us in our proper stations!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
OTOH - if nobody obeyed anything - just think of the anarchy!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!