Author Topic: Music and memory  (Read 19114 times)

zoony

Re: Music and memory
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
You'd only have a point if it was a similar genre of music...
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
Never took to Matt Munro or Sinatra. Too mannered for my taste. I think of them as my mum and dad's listening. I'm far too young.. ::)

My OH worked with trios and dance bands playing swing and American song book standards.  Love the music. He was also in a country duo but his bread and butter was social clubs.  :-\
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »
My grandchildren like some of the music/songs from the sixties..
 They have been brought up hearing music from different times.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Coastal

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2019, 08:44:31 PM »
I prefer the 70s, some of the 60s were okay and the same for the 80s, and then it tapers off as the decades pass  ;D
I rarely listen to the radio (never at home and only Radio 3 or 4 on the very odd occasion in the car) in the pub they sometimes have Radio 2 on but it's usually Gold or an oldie compilations on a flash drive, consequently I have absolutely no idea of any songs or artists in the current charts I literally couldn't name one and that suits me just fine. 
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

sueboo

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
I love all music, anyone got tickets for Glastonbury, some great line ups, Kylie, The Killers, The Cure, Sheryl Crow, can't wait. xx

I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »
I know I am old and behind the times, but of that list I assume that Kylie is Kylie Minogue, of whom I have heard but not listened to, but never heard of the others.
Mike (where are the Inkspots when you need them?  ;D ;D )
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Coastal

« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2019, 05:39:30 PM »
No offence, but I wouldn't pay good money to see any of that lot.

zoony

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »
I love all music, anyone got tickets for Glastonbury, some great line ups, Kylie, The Killers, The Cure, Sheryl Crow, can't wait. xx

I don't like festivals Sue..Not since I was hired to MC and play at a Country music one. The crowd showed up and the bands showed up and all was going well until one of the bands asked me about money. I had no idea of the finance arrangements and I'd accepted the gig over the phone so didn't really know the thieving git who'd disappeared with all the money. Naturally, none of the bands would play and the crowd were getting more and more rowdy not to mention threatening me physically so I said I was going to call the organizer and went toward the car park. Enough was enough so I picked up a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels from the bands refreshment tent and gave one to the ice-cream van driver who smuggled me out and drank the other myself...Bad gig. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

sueboo

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2019, 08:02:23 AM »
Zoony  :o .

Love festivals, you'd be surprised how many of the audience consist of the older generation.  Its good to let your hair down (as long as you've got some ;D ).
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

Coastal

« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2019, 10:03:05 AM »
Let your hair down? ........ mine let me down ages ago  ;D

Bee

« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  @ Coastal
The only way is up....

crabbyob

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2019, 03:37:40 PM »
Mike, my brother was in Las Vegas about 1960  and was stood at a bar having a drink when he heard the Inkspots  music playing, he smiled to himself thinking ive got that record back home in Hamilton, when he turned round they were there on a small stage about six feet away from him
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2019, 04:02:27 PM »
Mike, my brother was in Las Vegas about 1960  and was stood at a bar having a drink when he heard the Inkspots  music playing, he smiled to himself thinking ive got that record back home in Hamilton, when he turned round they were there on a small stage about six feet away from him
Good Lord! My mum loved them and so did I.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »
yes they were quite special
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ode Iron

« Reply #104 on: Jul 15, 2019, 09:02:52 PM »
Songs bring back memories..
Ring Of Bright Water by Val Doonican..The Classic Cinema and crying at the end of the film.
1968, The Good The Bad And The Ugly..the theme made our dog howl.
Chicago, If You Leave Me Now...a girlfriend moved to Melton Mowbray and i helped in scorching heat drinking dandelion & burdock.
Saw the Stones at Knebworth and Queen, Xmas time in 1975 and slept on the platform at St.Pancras.
Masks are muzzles