Author Topic: Oral B Toothbrush  (Read 1020 times)

minniemouse

Oral B Toothbrush
« on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:57:10 PM »
Oral B have stopped making the replacement head called 'Sensitive'.  I've tried a couple of the ones with 'bells and whistles' but can't get on with them.  Can anyone recommend a particular head made by Oral B that is comfortable to use and doesn't feel as though it's stripping the enamel off!  :-\
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

fortyone

Re: Oral B Toothbrush
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
The twenty odd quid handles and nowhere near as manic as the hundred odd quid ones. We use the floss action ones which include plastic strip bits with no discomfort but clearly your mileage could well vary.

BTW a quick google shows them still available online
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=oral+b+sensitive+toothbrush+head&oq=oral+b+sensitive+toothbrush+head   

Be careful you don't buy "compatibles" I got some from Amazon once and they were rubbish - stopped turning after a very short time.

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »

I use Phillips Sonicare. EasyClean 500 series.. My teeth are still intact.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:24:34 PM »
I bought an Oral B sensitive brush not so long ago Minnie, from Argos.   I noticed today (now you've posted )  that they no longer have the brush heads.  As Forty says, you can still get them on Amazon - but after Brexit  for how long ?   ;D ;D

em

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:12:09 PM »
What is there not to like about a simple toothbrush?

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
When I first used an electric toothbrush many moons ago I was amazed at how much cleaner my teeth felt. Why not try one?

em

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:23:38 PM »
Fortyone,too late for me to bother with an electric toothbrush.I am lucky enough to have 28 of my own teeth, all perfect apart from a couple of fillings.

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:28:05 PM »
You'll keep those 28 longer with an electric toothbrush - allegedly  8)

em

« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »
At my age,Alex,I am happy to take the risk.

mick607

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
Me & the wife have used these for years but we use compatible brush heads from Tesco, cheaper & just as good.

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:42:20 PM »
Thanks for the tip. If Tesco put their name to them they should be OK.  I'll take a look next time I'm in Tesco (not often). The ones I got off Amazon were useless - something inside the stem bust and they stopped oscillating plus there was a gap on the head that would occasionally catch your skin.

mick607

« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:51:57 PM »
We have used Tesco replacement heads for years & never had a problem.

mick607

« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:56:14 PM »
Do a Google search there is an offer on at the moment, unable to post link on here.

stellamaris

« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »
I have Oral B and Philips sonic and some disposable battery ones [which I have for travelling but end up giving most of them away to those staying with me - all brand new in their packets I would add]

Over the years I have bought compatible type brushes for Oral B from Boots and have had no problems with them.  I've not seen any for Phillips, other than Phillips.

I think replacements heads for kids [toothbrush heads only alas!] will fit the Oral B handles, so that might be something to think about if the sensitive ones are difficult to get.  Also I notice that there are a lot of gum care brushes and I imagine these are very gentle.    I would have liked to try either of those but I was well stocked up on Oral B and it will be after next Christmas before I get around to it.   Another possible tip - don't know whether it works - is to dip the brush in very hot water for about 10 seconds immediately before using it.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

minniemouse

« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »
   :-*  Thanks for your help everyone.  I'll look on line and also try the Tesco & Boots ones.  I did E-mail Oral B yesterday and they confirmed they had stopped manufacturing the sensitive one a while ago  It's been replaced with the ultra sensitive one which looks a bit sparse to me.  They've said they will post a couple to me free of charge to try, so that's another option for me.   
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.