Author Topic: James O'Brien LBC  (Read 1257 times)

Alex22

James O'Brien LBC
« on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:53:01 PM »
Rant alert......

There are lots of people on radio and TV who irritate me, I seem to be less tolerant as I age  ;) Anna Soubry, Shamii Chakrabarti, Gary Lineker, Diane Abbott, Claire Balding to name just a few.
The "personality" who gets my numero uno spot at the moment though is James O'Brien from LBC.  This man has the face for radio, but unfortunately not the voice. Nevertheless his monotonous tone hits the airwaves on LBC between 10am and 1pm .  I know I can just switch off and I usually do, but sometimes it's like I'm self harming and I listen  >:( .   I do have to think about my blood pressue though, so I can only manage about 20 minutes - depending on the topic of course.

Are there any James O'Brien fans on here ? 

BazzerPontefract

Re: James O'Brien LBC
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »
Rant alert......

There are lots of people on radio and TV who irritate me, I seem to be less tolerant as I age  ;) Anna Soubry, Shamii Chakrabarti, Gary Lineker, Diane Abbott, Claire Balding to name just a few.
The "personality" who gets my numero uno spot at the moment though is James O'Brien from LBC.  This man has the face for radio, but unfortunately not the voice. Nevertheless his monotonous tone hits the airwaves on LBC between 10am and 1pm .  I know I can just switch off and I usually do, but sometimes it's like I'm self harming and I listen  >:( .   I do have to think about my blood pressue though, so I can only manage about 20 minutes - depending on the topic of course.

Are there any James O'Brien fans on here ?
My alter-ego.

We're refugees from the Today Programme, and we've come to adore Nick Ferrarri.
Then the gob without a knob to turn it off comes on at 10:00, yes the maniac James O'Brien.  We can normally stand about ten minutes of the offensive banter before it is turned off. 
What I can't understand is why to LBC actually persist with James.  LBC is about conversation, but only a handful of the hardened masochists who love being humiliated actually phone in.
James in unique, he is the most obnoxious man on Radio and Television.

digitalis

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:30:34 PM »
No. Not me.

Mind you,I think you wd have to do your homework before going in to argue with him

Cassandra

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »
A real remainer Motormouth. Insults flow even when the topic of Brexit is 'off-subject'. He refers to people of our age group as 'Gammons'. Nigel Farage never insults and defames people on air like this dreadful man. Brexit has been very good for his bad-boy image, which he obviously embellishes as its hard to think that someone of his education would be naturally that ignorant. Shelagh Fogarty, another remainer spout-jock branded a very polite and clearly older caller the other day as "responding like 'a five year old" for merely disagreeing with her strident barrage of pro EU dictat. If Farage or Mogg said that the BBC would have it as the headline on every News Bulletin for three days and the Police would be investigating them for alleged Child abuse. O'Brien is a symptomatic by-product of an age where polemic bytes quickly convert to cash - yuk!
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
A real remainer Motormouth. Insults flow even when the topic of Brexit is 'off-subject'. He refers to people of our age group as 'Gammons'. Nigel Farage never insults and defames people on air like this dreadful man. Brexit has been very good for his bad-boy image, which he obviously embellishes as its hard to think that someone of his education would be naturally that ignorant. Shelagh Fogarty, another remainer spout-jock branded a very polite and clearly older caller the other day as "responding like 'a five year old" for merely disagreeing with her strident barrage of pro EU dictat. If Farage or Mogg said that the BBC would have it as the headline on every News Bulletin for three days and the Police would be investigating them for alleged Child abuse. O'Brien is a symptomatic by-product of an age where polemic bytes quickly convert to cash - yuk!
Cas,
I'm looking forward to more of your contributions....

stellamaris

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:21:16 PM »
I am a long-time LBC listener but I never liked James O'Brien much, even when he used to regale us frequently with how he proposed to his wife - his programme was always circular and all about him. My nephew who is a bit younger than him used to really like him in those days -similar interests, two daughters etc., but he can't listen to him anymore.   He doesn't really aggravate me, he just really, really, truly bores me.   He is a silly-billy and at times he even sounds like a Dennis Healey parody. He does not have a nice voice as said above.   He has lost his way completely presumably because he was always a coasting lightweight and his attempts at being a shock jock just don't come off - he fills in with trying to sound as disgusting as he can get away with. 

Nick Ferrari is OK in the morning.  He is not the brightest knife in the box, but he moves things along quite quickly so you get a lot of the topics of the day brought to your attention.    I used to like James Whale when he was on Drive time.  Ian Collins was a good listen, lovely voice and quietly very funny but he has gone now also.  Other than Nick Ferrari, I sometimes switch on Steve Allen if I wake up too early.  Guaranteed to get me back to sleep in 10 minutes max. 
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
JOB is on holiday this week, goodey goodey I thought I'll be able to switch the radio on at 10am.   What a shock I had to hear Aunty Emily rabbiting on and tomorrow it's even better as Tom Watson is in the chair.   Friday is Jess Phillips, but leaving the best till last............Anna Soubry is host on Thursday, I'm sure lots of people won't want to miss that !   ;D

Akbuk

« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »
Whilst on a recent visit to Ireland Diane Abbott was asked by a reporter what she thought of County Down. She replied, "I think it was better when Carol Voderman was on it".
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »
I can't stand the woman but that was a cheap shot Akbuk.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2019, 10:31:28 PM »

I can't stand the woman but that was a cheap shot Akbuk.

I don't do expensive.......
I’m a real he/him.