Author Topic: Homeless.  (Read 2934 times)

brian54

Homeless.
« on: Feb 07, 2019, 07:33:14 AM »
Somebody suggested yesterday the council should have officers going around removing sleeping bags belonging to the beggars. Does that sound good to everyone on here.

crabbyob

Re: Homeless.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »
great idea old bean
remove the sleeping bags and make them sleep indoors like the rest of us have to
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:37:40 AM »

I think any old bag should be removed from the street..
 notonthehighstreet.com.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
ITMA!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »
They could take them all round to Brian's place, he'd be on hand to dish out Tea, sandwiches and help. Being he's such a sweet caring helpful kind of a guy.  ;D

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »
As I pointed out somewhere else, the council has a duty to remove stray dogs to a safe place, and a similar system could be worked out for vagrants. People sitting around begging, or sleeping out, could be removed. Another thing the council does is to house travellers, whether they travel or not, so it can be done.

Johned

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »
I would query re those poor sods "sleeping out"; where would they be removed to?  Perhaps the Cof E cold do something to assist.  There are plenty of churches around and the door could remain unlocked of an evening for the destitute to, at least, get a night's roof over their heads.  However, it won't happen!  The vicar and a curate could, no doubt, maintain a watch turn and turn about to maintain good order and vigilance.  A policeman could pop his head in on his beat from time to time to check all is in order.  Pie in the sky land again though!

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:34:13 PM »
A policeman on his beat?? ::)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »
I would query re those poor sods "sleeping out"; where would they be removed to?  Perhaps the Cof E cold do something to assist.  There are plenty of churches around and the door could remain unlocked of an evening for the destitute to, at least, get a night's roof over their heads.  However, it won't happen!  The vicar and a curate could, no doubt, maintain a watch turn and turn about to maintain good order and vigilance.  A policeman could pop his head in on his beat from time to time to check all is in order.  Pie in the sky land again though!

For many years, as far back as David Shepherd, the homeless used to sleep in the crypt of the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool and receive various facilities.   I don't know whether that still goes one.
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
A policeman on his beat?? ::)
That made me chuckle !   ;D

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »
Me too. That's the real pie in the sky. Nice one zoony  >:(

mick607

« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »
Most are not homeless, just self employed scroungers claiming benefits.
Saw one today discreetly using a ipad whilst begging & yes he had the requisite mangy dog used as a prop with him.

Sheila

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2019, 09:04:12 PM »
Here on The Wirral there are plans to allow the homeless to sleep in one of the largest libraries.

brian54

« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2019, 09:10:57 PM »
They could take them all round to Brian's place, he'd be on hand to dish out Tea, sandwiches and help. Being he's such a sweet caring helpful kind of a guy.  ;D

I was thinking Raven's house or in corridors leading to Council flats. They could be provided with tents to put up in council house gardens.

fortyone

« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2019, 09:46:05 PM »
There are many neglected grass verges in residential areas. They could camp on those. I'm sure many kindly residents would bring them an early morning cuppa.