Author Topic: Homeless.  (Read 2933 times)

brian54

Re: Homeless.
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2019, 10:17:25 PM »
There are many neglected grass verges in residential areas. They could camp on those. I'm sure many kindly residents would bring them an early morning cuppa.

About 30 minutes before the 4am running club sets off.

Ashy

« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:27:02 AM »
Or a dog with a barrel of brandy perhaps. I would advise anyone camping on a verge in a residential close, not to camp up against a tree.

Johned

« Reply #17 on: Feb 08, 2019, 05:20:35 PM »
I don't find this subject a cause for levity.  It must be the end of the world if you lose your home and livelihood and end up on the streets in what today seems rather a merciless society.  We prided ourselves on our merciful Welfare State which now sadly seems in decline.  We know many abuse the system but we have to care for the genuine souls among us.

fortyone

« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »
I don't find it a subject worth discussing here because everybody has made their views abundantly clear many times over already but unfortunately at least one poster disagrees with me and brings it up at least once a week.

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:15:09 PM »
Funnily enough, today was very wet, cold and windy, and there were no big issue sellers, no beggars with or without a dog, and no vagrants to be seen around the shops where they usually sit.

zoony

« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:29:25 PM »
Ruined your day did it?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

mick607

« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
But it's true.

Ashy

« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:37:14 PM »
Just stating facts.

Alex22

« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:09:31 PM »
Most of them will have gone home, the rest will be trying to find shelter out of the cold and rain

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:27:11 PM »
I don't find this subject a cause for levity.  It must be the end of the world if you lose your home and livelihood and end up on the streets in what today seems rather a merciless society.  We prided ourselves on our merciful Welfare State which now sadly seems in decline.  We know many abuse the system but we have to care for the genuine souls among us.

Its not funny John. There are people who have paid into the system who lose their home, perhaps due to poor mental or physical health, family breakdown etc. Easy for some to lump them all together as a waste of space along with the scammers.  I don't give to beggars but I support a homeless charity run by the local Cathedral.   I know then that help is directed to those who need it.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

GrannyMac

« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:31:10 PM »
I don't find it a subject worth discussing here because everybody has made their views abundantly clear many times over already but unfortunately at least one poster disagrees with me and brings it up at least once a week.

Don't let one person put you off.  I regularly get shouted down, but that doesn't mean that I should keep quiet.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »
HAH, Tell me about it. I only have to open my mouth and certain people jump on me. At first it hurt and I would get upset and not post, now I think "no way chum" I'm as entitled to my thoughts and opinions the same as everyone else so tough, get over it and move on. I will speak as I feel and find.  ;D   
Being a Highlander I am different and my Culture is different from you ones down over the border. I see things differently and I make no secret of the fact I am a Tory Hater, along with the Westminster set up.

mick607

« Reply #27 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:51:42 PM »
Giood for you ! But democracy is about free speech, you have your opinion & others have theirs !
We don't always have the same opinion.

mick607

« Reply #28 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:55:08 PM »
We all sometimes have different opinions see nothing wrong with that, it's called democracy.

Raven

« Reply #29 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »
I totally agree, but some people get nasty about it. No need for that and the insults.  ::)