Author Topic: No outrage in Tonbridge Wells!  (Read 4079 times)

digitalis

No outrage in Tonbridge Wells!
« on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »

Wottarelief! Thoe government and councils are still getting shot of the refugees and asylum seekers up t'North. Stoke again. And other places. Was on R4 this morn. Its more cost effective for them to dump these people up in the poorer sections of England. Less cost. I guess it makes sense: think of the outrage if lottsa flotsam and jetsom started filling up half-a-million pound houses down south and started filling good quality schools. Better to 'av  'em filling up the sink hole schools up t'North. Anyways, as the families are broken up there and destitute the young new comers will likely find 'easy girlfriends' up there from the 'forgotten people'

And still it goes on....

Meanwhile back at  a local rural Midlands town...another 1500 house are to be built of good arable land despoiling the joint with the ugly Wilson rabbit hutch houses.

Where's John Betjemin when you need him? And those German bombers?

How ugly can it become

sparky

Re: No outrage in Tonbridge Wells!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2019, 08:16:30 AM »
Bearing in mine that almost all of them are illegals, what the government should be doing is getting off their arses, and stop pussyfooting around, and shipping them out as soon as the enter our country.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:16:33 PM »
The applications should be processed much more quickly. The genuine refugees could then get the help they need, the economic migrants sent home to apply through proper channels. If they have enough money in the bank, and are a highly skilled professional they may then get a visa.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:21:19 PM »
It would make more sense to house them in Romania.

Bobcat

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »
Bearing in mine that almost all of them are illegals

Are they ?? do you have any reference to this "fact" ??

sparky

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
GrannyMac, I maintain very few  of them can be genuine  refugees, in that they have travelled through several safe countries to get to the UK, which the rules say they are supposed to do, if you where fleeing for your life as they supposedly are , would you be picky about which country was safe, ? so unless they have a very good reason for bypassing those safe countries  to get to the UK they should  be on the next plane out.

Bobcat

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »
As I understand the system, illegal immigrants are held in detention centres while their applications are processed the successful ones are housed the unsuccessful are deported.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-october-to-december-2017/how-many-people-are-detained-or-returned

fortyone

« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
> the unsuccessful are deported.

Do you have any evidence for that?

zoony

"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »
Thanks zoony. 12,000 certainly sounds a lot. I always got the impression that very few ever were. Of course we don't know what proportion 12,000 is of the numbers remaining illegally. With annual net inward migration levels being over 20 times that number it could well represent far less going than should go.

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2019, 05:35:29 PM »
Thanks zoony. 12,000 certainly sounds a lot. I always got the impression that very few ever were. Of course we don't know what proportion 12,000 is of the numbers remaining illegally. With annual net inward migration levels being over 20 times that number it could well represent far less going than should go.

Corporate Migration watch is an axe-to-grind outfit that uses skewed figures for it's statistics.

Each year there are thousands of immigrants who are returned under EU & extradition & international arrest warrants & will show as deportations  but their figures only show the deportation figures for EU criminals.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:15:07 AM »
Corporate Migration watch is an axe-to-grind outfit that uses skewed figures for it's statistics.

Each year there are thousands of immigrants who are returned under EU & extradition & international arrest warrants & will show as deportations  but their figures only show the deportation figures for EU criminals.

That should read Corporate Watch who report on everything from an anti-capitalist & anti-corporate viewpoint.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2019, 07:56:30 AM »
GrannyMac, I maintain very few  of them can be genuine  refugees, in that they have travelled through several safe countries to get to the UK, which the rules say they are supposed to do, if you where fleeing for your life as they supposedly are , would you be picky about which country was safe, ? so unless they have a very good reason for bypassing those safe countries  to get to the UK they should  be on the next plane out.

Not all asylum seekers have come here under a lorry or in a boat via Calais.  They are the ones who make the headlines.  Some actually fly direct to the UK. Some come here on a valid visa, perhaps as a visitor, or to study or work, then claim asylum.  Some speak English as a second language, or have family already here. Very rarely do we see the actual facts about immigration unless we search for them. 

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk/?utm_source=content_page&utm_medium=related_content

I'm not against properly managed immigration. Like many other UK families I have relatives who migrated to other countries seeking a better life. New Zealand, India, and Canada in our case.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

sparky

« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »

Not all asylum seekers have come here under a lorry or in a boat via Calais.

Not all, but I suggest most of them. and visa overstayers, then automatically have no right to be here, and any that come here to study and then decide to claim asylum years later r,  I would want to know why they left it so long to claim, and also make sure their home country was in fact a risk to return to.
 Lastly those folk that decided to emigrate to New Zealand etc, were almost encouraged to do so by the host country.

utm_source=content_page&utm_medium=related_content

I'm not against properly managed immigration. Like many other UK families I have relatives who migrated to other countries seeking a better life. New Zealand, India, and Canada in our case.

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »

Not all asylum seekers have come here under a lorry or in a boat via Calais.  They are the ones who make the headlines.  Some actually fly direct to the UK. Some come here on a valid visa, perhaps as a visitor, or to study or work, then claim asylum.  Some speak English as a second language, or have family already here. Very rarely do we see the actual facts about immigration unless we search for them. 

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk/?utm_source=content_page&utm_medium=related_content

The 'back-of-a-lorry' is just a generic term for any illegal immigrant or illegal overstayer, just as a vacuum cleaner is often called a Hoover.

There's no comparison whatsoever between the Brits who've emigrated to Australia & who've gone through an up to 6 months £3,000 plus vetting process.