Author Topic: when it comes to voting??  (Read 293 times)

Alfred

when it comes to voting??
« on: Feb 08, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
Who will you vote for at the next general election , as it is many M.Ps are confused as they cant even sort out what we want from Brexit, before we leave the E.U. and  it seems many M.PS are divided, even bewildered, and confused,.

so imagine were free, in a position to rule and govern our selves,  its frightening to think these very same people are going to govern this country and most likely wont have a clue, what to do,  while the united kingdom sinks below the waves as they continue to disagree and argue the pros, and cons, ,good at arguing , poor at making decisions,

Q: So do you have any faith in any of our politicians , perhaps they too, should all be questioned to see where their loyalties lie, and also  if they are fit to govern, or even good at their job ,

it makes you think doesn't it,.

Maddie Malone

Re: when it comes to voting??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2019, 08:42:26 AM »
Alfred if I’m honest I don’t think there is anyone I could vote for at the moment .
I sometimes wonder if that’s the reason why they want to stay in the EU is along with filling their own pockets and furthering  their own careers they Havant got a clue how to run this country and would rather someone els do it for them .

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2019, 08:45:18 AM »
The problem round here is that it is a very safe SNP seat and I can't see that changing any time soon despite the mess the SNP are making of much that they touch. I will vote Tory as, IMNSHO the least bad choice.
MIke
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »
While I view our MPs as a  useless bunch of slimy t******s, I see those crooks in Brussels as even worse, at least with our lot we can  storm Westminster if they do not start shaping up soon,  and kick them out on their arses, and replace them with real people, not so easy with those in the EU.

xetog

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »

We are in the era of the professional politician, i.e. someone who studied politics at university or has made enough money in financial services to have an independent income.  The former knows all about politicking and nothing about the people they represent, the latter has either forgotten or never knew those they represent.  There are a few who maybe began as bus drivers or postmen, but via the privileged life of an MP have long ago lost any true empathy they had with their constituents.

'Populism' is a favoured buzzword at the moment, usually sneered into a conversation about how the hoi polloi (you and me) show our dislike and mistrust of the political classes, usually in reference to 'the mob' of disenchanted voters they have created by their own negligence.

What's next?  A revolution perhaps?  Not something I favour but the current situation is almost as much our fault as theirs because we listen to silver tonged idiots and imagine their lies to be truths.  If we could only get over listening to what we want to hear of any party, perhaps we might just begin to get the sort of Government we want.

I might suggest some sort of PR selection which I have decried in the past but cannot think of any system which would not have bought us to the Parliamentary impasse which we are experiencing at the moment. What we have to do is to change the sort of candidate we are prepared to vote for, but I have little confidence that will happen in my lifetime.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

sparky

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2019, 09:49:28 AM »
Xetog, Yes all you say. but unless we start to get really tough ,the only people that can change it are those with so much to gain for it to stay as it is    ," Turkeys for  Christmast"

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:03:57 AM »
Untill Scotland gets Independence we will keep voting SNP even though we don't agree with several of their policies. After that Tory, Labour Libs ect will all have to break with their masters in Westminster and stand on their own feet. They will have their own ideas about how to do things and will be free to follow them through. Who knows they could even become parties to vote for in the future. :o  BUT.....Untill it happens.. :'(

xetog

« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »

Sparky, perhaps we really do need a 'Peoples Party' but only if the candidates cannot have any previous political, union or political science affiliations.  We did discuss this on here once, but didn't get very far.

Raven.  I am not sure that wee willie crankie wants independence as she is likely to loose her power base as you suggest.  By keeping up her aggressive stance she is alienating many Scots who would otherwise vote for independence, that's my opinion anyway.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

fortyone

« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »
Brexit either enacted or not may save us. It holds the possibility of causing the breakup of both main parties together with the formation of new ones. It may be that the stalemate produced by our two party politics is drawing to a close.

Should we get Brino or no Brexit at all be sure that a populist party will rise and even though they won no seats UKIP managed to create the current turmoil.

Bring it all on. I have lots of tinned stuff  ;D

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2019, 10:28:47 AM »
Sparky, perhaps we really do need a 'Peoples Party' but only if the candidates cannot have any previous political, union or political science affiliations.  We did discuss this on here once, but didn't get very far.

Raven.  I am not sure that wee willie crankie wants independence as she is likely to loose her power base as you suggest.  By keeping up her aggressive stance she is alienating many Scots who would otherwise vote for independence, that's my opinion anyway.

Mike.X

To be honest she says won't call one unless she's sure she will win, can't say I blame her for that, it could be her job if she didn't win.  ;)