Author Topic: Got interupted when I was watching the rugby.  (Read 1523 times)

brian54

Got interupted when I was watching the rugby.
« on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »

A man phoned and said he had some suggestions to halve council tax,
Why did he not phone the councillor?. I am not paid by the council.

Michael Rolls

Re: Got interupted when I was watching the rugby.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:46:25 PM »
You need a death ray that can scramble the brains of such peasants. Phoning during the rugby? Almost certainly a remainer. 44-8 - not too bad, but we went off the boil for the last 10-15 minutes - do that against the All Blacks and unless you are about 40 ahead you lose!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »
Last week England were superb against the Irish and again today to beat the French. I've no criticism.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2019, 05:53:03 PM »
I've been to Tesco. No one mentioned council tax.  Or rugby.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »
I was mucking out the horses stables this afternoon, The Radio was on all the time but no mention of either Rugby or CT.

Coastal

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:06:24 PM »
Well I'm not interested in the rugby, and the council tax is whatever they say it is  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:35:44 AM »
Let us try to understand that councils are not interested in lowering their vile tax, they see their job as to spend as much money as they possibly can, so long as no one benefits.
Anything left over at this end of the financial year will be spent. Neat and tidy verges will be "landscaped", roads will be paved instead of tarred, humps and pillows will  be built, one way schemes will be implemented, there will be community murals, and numerous other pointless wastes of money. All of which is necessary to keep their vile budgets up.

brian54

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:52:35 AM »
I've been to Tesco. No one mentioned council tax.  Or rugby.

I do object to Council tax being used for the homeless. There are many more important problems like cancer, dementia and the Air ambulance gets no tax payers funding.
People can donate to the homeless if  they want but they should not be compelled to donate.

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:12:11 AM »
Let us try to understand that councils are not interested in lowering their vile tax, they see their job as to spend as much money as they possibly can, so long as no one benefits.
Anything left over at this end of the financial year will be spent. Neat and tidy verges will be "landscaped", roads will be paved instead of tarred, humps and pillows will  be built, one way schemes will be implemented, there will be community murals, and numerous other pointless wastes of money. All of which is necessary to keep their vile budgets up.

Not all councils have the same responsibilities.  I live in a metropolitan borough, where most of the money (£1.3 billion) goes on social care and education.  Sheffield's roads had a reputation for being really bad, they have been improved over several years, although the results are variable.  Budgets to voluntary groups have all but disappeared.  Our parks and libraries are run with the help of volunteers. There is little left these days for vanity projects.  Generous pensions for those with long service are a big expense, perhaps that scheme needs an overhaul?

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/your-city-council/budgets-and-spending/Budget%20Leaflet%202018-19.pdf

Some areas are like ours, metropolitan, some have county and district councils. Others have town councils. With what do you propose the councils are replaced?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

brian54

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:15:10 AM »
With regards to pensions a lot of the pension has been paid for through salary deductions. The council says they top them up but this part is deffered salary.
May be an overall could be done for future employees.
It's the same principal in the private sector. The auditors phoned me saying why am I claiming a London pension when I am in Birmingham. The answer was my 2 daughters wanted me in Birmingham when I retired. The auditors were very second rate asking me why did I pay in for a London pension when I was going to retire in Birmingham. Again I took this pension out before they were born so how was I supposed to know they would lead me to Birmingham.

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »
Last week England were superb against the Irish and again today to beat the French. I've no criticism.

Wales have just beaten England in the Principality. A cracking match which they deserved to win so well done to them.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

brian54

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »

Wales have just beaten England in the Principality. A cracking match which they deserved to win so well done to them.

Yes the boys won.

Johned

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »
Surely Raven you have varlets and serfs from the outdoor staff to muck out your stables?  The exceeding wealthy pensioners on this site would never dream of stooping so low as to perform manual and distasteful chores like that. 

brian54

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »
Surely Raven you have varlets and serfs from the outdoor staff to muck out your stables?  The exceeding wealthy pensioners on this site would never dream of stooping so low as to perform manual and distasteful chores like that.

Who do you think are the exceeding wealthy pensioners on this site?.

Coastal

« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2019, 12:25:59 AM »
As you might be aware, I'm not into sport but it was on the telly when I was in the pub earlier, cheers went up when Wales won, you might think that's because I live in Wales, but I was in a pub on the Warwick Road in Birmingham at the time  ???  ....... it's an Irish pub  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......