Author Topic: Megan  (Read 534 times)

Audrine

Re: Megan
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:37:40 PM »
Some fuss being made with some white senators in the state of Virginia. Complicated so I won'.t go further. Thanks for your very sensible replies, you are both a credit to the forum.

minniemouse

« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:51:38 PM »
Thanks for your replies, all good ones.

I was thinking of Princess Margaret & Peter Townsend. Poor woman didn't stand a chance with him did she?
How public opinion has changed with this Megan. Some apparently don't care that her baby will have negro blood which will be carried through generations. However will there be a Royal family in the future to worry about future generations. Who knows?.

No offending anyone please!

Speechless !!
The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap.
Stay safe, eat cake.

biglouis

« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:49:59 PM »
Well there has been at least one B rated actor in the White House and apparently he was one of the most popular US presidents. So why not a B rated actress as a member of the British royal family?

The Queen is head of a multi racial commonwealth so I dont think she gives a toss about race. Queen Victoria was very liberal when it came to ethnic minority servants around her. It was her stiff necked courtiers who were put out that she had Indian and Scottish servants of humble origins who were very close to her.

How close we will probably never know.
He who laughs last never got the joke in the first place!

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:20:46 AM »
 ;D  I still think that was Nancy's Presidency..

I think Victoria was what might've been called 'A Woman Of Appetites'.. ::)
Everybody falls through the stupid tree. Some hit different branches than others is all.

biglouis

« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:30:48 AM »
Megans dress was a big disappointment because it didnt fit her properly.  It looked like one of those dresses you order off Ebay and it comes from China. It looks lovely on the Chinese model but a big disappointment when it arrives. The only things I liked were her wedding veil and tiara. Apparently she wanted to dictate to the Queen what tiara she was going to borrow but the Queen said "she will get what she's given." Hahaha for the Queen, thats one lady I would not want to cross.
He who laughs last never got the joke in the first place!

Scrumpy

« Reply #20 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:47:28 AM »

Speechless !!

SPEECHLESS here too.. Racist tones.. In My Opinion.
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »
yes and us Scots are an ethnic minority too...
the Negro blood was as good as yours
Louie and as much chance of sitting on the throne as you
she is a beautiful lady that i enjoyed watching in Suits
and will no doubt enjoy watching on the news from time to time
but then, i too am an ethnic minority....to some it seems

every hill has a down side

Scrumpy

« Reply #22 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:57:36 AM »

Know thy place Crabby..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

crabbyob

« Reply #23 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »
i am abiding in the commonwealth, so safe....for now
every hill has a down side

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #24 on: Feb 12, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »

SPEECHLESS here too.. Racist tones.. In My Opinion.

Perhaps Audrine is black?  As I understand it Scrumpy the use of the N word is totally offensive when used by those who are not because of it's past connotations with slavery and, unless you are a believer in eugenics - and we have seen were that took us with the idea of a "master race" - why would this be an issue for the royal family? As we all have the genes of people out of Africa, as that is where humans as we know them started, I am at a loss to understand what this is all about. 

I think, with a lot of these things, the issue is what is currently considered "good manners" as it changes for each generation.  My parents insisted I call other adults "Mr " or "Mrs " or, if we knew them very well they might become "aunty" or "uncle".  We were reprimanded if we swore or, in the part of history which was my/our youth, if we "took the Lord's name in vain".  No one went around saying parents were being "PC"; it was just the manners of the time and often reflected where power lay in society.  This is no different and, even though we are getting older I don't believe that is an excuse for not understanding the disrespect implied, although looking at the "no offending anyone, please" makes me wonder what was intended.

As I am not usually allowed an opinion on this subject - but apparently you are - can I add my agreement to what you are saying. 
Poverty exists, not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Alex22

« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2019, 01:14:34 PM »
You are, of course, joking !!!!!!
No.

Johned

« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2019, 02:55:11 PM »
I do not move in their social circle so whatever they get up to is of scant interest to myself.

Audrine

« Reply #27 on: Feb 13, 2019, 04:39:52 PM »
No, I am not black but I am sure there are some Pensioners who post that are. Being called black is not an offending term in my opinion. What is the preferably word to use? You are either black or white. You are what & who you are black or white. What's the difference?

minniemouse

« Reply #28 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:16:14 PM »
Black is not an offensive word.  I don't think anyone on this site has implied that it is.
The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap.
Stay safe, eat cake.

zoony

« Reply #29 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:40:19 PM »
Please Audrine, the choice is not either "black or white", it's a hundred shades of brown and pink these days and the happier, for the most part, for it.
Everybody falls through the stupid tree. Some hit different branches than others is all.