Author Topic: could there be an end to cannabis,  (Read 5207 times)

Akbuk

Re: could there be an end to cannabis,
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2019, 12:22:02 AM »
I did some work on a guys house many years back, we went on to become real good friends, plus our families did.
We were opposites, me a plumber, him a gold & diamond dealer. He was an alcoholic, he not only could but did slaughter a bottle of vodka a day plus extras. He didn't hide his addiction, in fact everyone knew what he was. All the years though, I never once saw him drunk or being offensive.
One day whilst working in his house I had to go into his garage, there was his son with a couple of mates sharing a spliff, he nearly died when he saw me.........even tried to make out it was just a normal cigarette. It was one of them, "don't tell my parents I smoke".
Over the next couple of months I used to talk to the lad quite a bit, over the booze, he told me that his Mother was the same with the drink but nobody saw it because they always concentrated on the Father. I don't know how it came about but the son somehow got his Father to have a spliff. No, it never cured him of the alcoholism but it certainly knocked the living daylights out of it. His vodka intake dramatically dropped.
He had been smoking it for a couple of months before he actually told me, at that stage I could smell it every time I went to his home. It was only then that I told him I had been smoking it for years.
This was a suited & booted fella, pretty wealthy, knew the right people & the very last person you would link cannabis to.

I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:15:08 AM »
A sad story in a way but not that unusual..I have a propensity for alcohol too but a reasonable tolerance of it which I manage rigorously. I went through a period where I knew I was drinking too much which coincided with me becoming acquainted with a nice, genuine dealer who reacquainted me with good old -fashioned hashish, a known quantity, which I've stayed with rather than smoke the silly-strong, expensive herb that most  people think of when they talk about psycho-active effects. That has to be sub-divided among users into those with a predisposition toward mental illness in the first place and those whose too-young, undeveloped brains can't cope with the cannabinoids found in modern Skunk varieties. Another very good reason to legalize it and control the strength.
I make no excuses or apologies to anybody for how I live and have lived my life, it's nobody's business but my own. :)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:18:29 AM »
i tried it once...after about twelve pints... my mate said t knocked me onto my but... but i thnki was more than three-quarters way there...
i think we get a similar 'high' with alcohol to theirs with a joint...
as it was explained to me, the big problem with a joint was the tobacco carrier use to ingest the weed... it was suggested i try it n a stir-fry, would it still work being fried?...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »

The only joint I enjoy is on a Sunday with Yorkshire pudding and veg..
  I must sound really boring.. But it is the company who are sitting at my table with me that makes it the best feeling ever..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2019, 12:00:06 PM »
The beautiful side of a close family. I envy you Scrumpy.

Crabby..It's not a bit like being drunk, mate.

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
Theres a bit of an add on to my post.
My friends Father died, he was a pub owner in Scotland. So my friend & his wife sold up in Solihull & moved to Scotland and took the pub over.........he lasted about three years before he died, bad move!!

I never mix drink with cannabis, in fact I'm not a big drinker nor have I ever been.
I’m a real he/him.

fortyone

« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:14:00 PM »
> I never mix drink with cannabis

Probably wise if smoking it - either you'd never get it to light or you'd singe your eyebrows depending on the drink :)

Alex22

« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:09:23 PM »
I watched Martin Clunes on telly last night on Islands of America, it was really interesting.  He talked to a woman who grew cannabis and supplied an out of town 'cannabis supermarket' on Vashon Island.  They had everything is that supermarket even cannabis sweets, drinking 'chocolate' you name it !  It's legal in Washington State apparently.

zoony

« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2019, 04:42:13 PM »
It's legal in many States now and brings in large amounts of revenue through sales and taxes.

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:47:25 PM »
Even if it was legalized there would still be a black market for it. Why walk to a shop when you have a guy on speed dial who will deliver it?
Some people have got the growing of it to a fine art. I'm no gardener but in Turkey I grew one plant that ended up like a trifid, got to the stage where I was frightened to crop it for fear of attack :-) I grew a couple openly out there in my garden, the bees were whistling & the birds were buzzing :-)
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:07:08 PM »
All very true but one of the points of legalisation is to standardize it strength-wise. Yes, there'd be an age restriction so kids under 21 would possibly still buy it from criminals but that's not a pleasant world to inhabit so they're more likely to get the legal, and much cheaper stuff, from the drug store via an older friend or sibling, imo..

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #26 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:19:26 PM »
I had a cannabis plant growing in my garden in my previous house.  I didn't realise until years later what it was.  I figured out it came from either bird seed that had dropped from the bird table or the hippie couple next door.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Raven

« Reply #27 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:31:10 PM »
My son grew one in my greenhouse when he was a teenager. Bunged it in with all my hot house plants and hoped I wouldn't notice it.  ;D

Akbuk

« Reply #28 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:49:20 PM »

All very true but one of the points of legalisation is to standardize it strength-wise. Yes, there'd be an age restriction so kids under 21 would possibly still buy it from criminals but that's not a pleasant world to inhabit so they're more likely to get the legal, and much cheaper stuff, from the drug store via an older friend or sibling, imo..

If they need someone to test the strength..........I'm yer man.
I’m a real he/him.

Scrumpy

« Reply #29 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:52:46 PM »
Raven..  ;D ;D ;D ;D

My granddaughter Martha had a bottle of vodka under her bed.. When my daughter found it Martha said she was looking after it for someone.. But couldn’t remember the persons name..
 Martha was 15 at the time.  ;D ;D

My daughter still has the bottle of vodka.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.