Author Topic: could there be an end to cannabis,  (Read 5208 times)

Akbuk

Re: could there be an end to cannabis,
« Reply #60 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:40:19 PM »

When I had to have a second operation, I said I didn't want morphine and ended up with a priest sitting holding my hand trying to comfort me.  I am definitely not religious but he was very sweet.
I was given morphine once after a major operation and it frightened the living daylights out of me.  I was quite poorly and a nurse sat next to me.  When I woke up she said 'you've had a good time!'  There were genies diving towards me.
I think pain control has improved a lot since then.

That so reminded me of something Shelia.
I was spooning my Father morphine during his cancer till the day he died. The night he died after giving him another dose he said, "can you see those white things flying at the bottom of the bed, what are they"? I said I can see them Dad, they look like angels, he chuckled & died a couple of hours later. Who knows maybe they were there..........

I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #61 on: Feb 16, 2019, 12:24:03 AM »
That would certainly be a nice thing Akbuk..
  I was in the Army when, at 16, I was circumcised at RAF Cosford. I remember waking post-op and was recovering well until informed that not too long before, much to the nurse's amusement, I'd been dancing around..Which made no sense at all. I can only assume that, rather than a general anaesthetic being given, I'd just been heavily sedated. Which makes sense I suppose. Anyway, the thing about the amused nurses was to do with only being clad in a pyjama jacket and a dressing.. :-[
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #62 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:26:23 PM »

That would certainly be a nice thing Akbuk..
  I was in the Army when, at 16, I was circumcised at RAF Cosford. I remember waking post-op and was recovering well until informed that not too long before, much to the nurse's amusement, I'd been dancing around..Which made no sense at all. I can only assume that, rather than a general anaesthetic being given, I'd just been heavily sedated. Which makes sense I suppose. Anyway, the thing about the amused nurses was to do with only being clad in a pyjama jacket and a dressing.. :-[

Got to add this to my post Zoony.
My Father was the biggest atheist going, he said to me that during the war he saw things that no God would allow to happen. My Mother on the other had was a JW, Watch Tower mags all over the house. Ive always wondered if his chuckle was about real angels with my Mother & "friends" fluttering about at the bottom of his bed awaiting for my Father to take them shopping, like he did for my Mother..........but there you go, we all have our thoughts.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #63 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:48:30 PM »
Wondering is just an absence of surety mate. Perhaps it allows us a better alternative to the obvious one..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.