Author Topic: British ISIS fighter soon to return to GB  (Read 34731 times)

Akbuk

Re: British ISIS fighter soon to return to GB
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »

So the UK no longer abides by international law, hence we reduce ourselves to the level of ISIS

What about Syrian law or do we disregard that?

How you can say we reduce ourselves to ISIS law goes beyond me TBH. The atrocities committed by this group that she joined goes beyond normal belief, you couldn't even get away with making a film about it. They were beyond brutal & she was feeding and laying with the perpetrators.

Len can give it a ten but from me its a zero for compassion content.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #31 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
Whatever people's individual opinions are, I think the police will be going by the book with plenty of transparency on this. She must accept that actions have consequences though I do hope her baby's well and taken care of.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »
The problem is, its a problem this day & age to call out people or happenings for what they really are.
A spade has become a fork.
What charge would she face here in the UK? Joining a banned terrorist group..........sentence? And from there on its monitored at the publics expense for the rest of her days.........
Thousands to be spent on rehabilitation, probably become an MP in 30 years time.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #33 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:08:18 PM »
The charges she will face are still being assembled and it's more than joining a proscribed group. From what I understand they might amount to something fairly serious depending on levels of proof and evidence.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

xetog

« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:16:31 PM »

Her friends father suggested that the government should bring her home (at the taxpayers expense no doubt).  I have emailed my MP to say that if a penny of my taxes are spent on this grotesque idea I will never vote for him again.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

minniemouse

« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »
If she returns and is sentenced she should be in solitary confinement so as not to influence other prisoners and have no access to the internet.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Diasi

« Reply #36 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:33:30 PM »
Whatever people's individual opinions are, I think the police will be going by the book with plenty of transparency on this. She must accept that actions have consequences though I do hope her baby's well and taken care of.

Far better if the kid never gets born, I hope she stays in the camp & loses it.

The wishy-washy- liberal hand-wringers will ensure that the kid isn't taken away from her so we'll just have a tube train bomber in the making.

She'll get into a relationship with a UK based male ISIS sympathiser & they'll organise another Westminster Bridge or Borough Market attack or similar.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:33:57 PM »
Will someone explain to me what we are supposed to do, in the modern context, with these people.
The current approach with returning jihadis is a bit like beating the Germans in the 2nd WW, and then giving the SS and the Concentration Camp guards a job and a home, expecting them to change and believing they'll not try again to murder us all so they can get their way.

Ashy

« Reply #38 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:46:33 PM »
Why is it legal to shoot them in Syria but not in England.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »
Why is it legal to shoot them in Syria but not in England.
Ashy,
Bobcat would know the answer to that, I'm guessing.

em

« Reply #40 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »
She was 15--a minor.

Diasi

« Reply #41 on: Feb 14, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »
She was 15--a minor.

She's not a minor now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

em

« Reply #42 on: Feb 14, 2019, 09:15:18 PM »
She was a minor when she left UK.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #43 on: Feb 14, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »
She was 15--a minor.
EM,
Please go on.
Are you suggesting she wasn't and isn't now a fanatic.  Do you think she was brainwashed, or did she buy into the fanatical philosophy gladly?
This idea that people can be brainwashed suggests that everyone and anyone can be brainwashed, that is apart from the really wise ones who see that the rest of us as gullible fools therefor open to brainwashing. 
Believing people can be brainwashed is convenient because it suggests your point of view is always correct, whilst people who take a contrary point of view have been brainwashed.
What is to be done with her, her husband, and their baby? 
Do we really believe that no-one has a pre-disposition to genocide or mass murder in persuit of their own (brainwashed) notions, or if they have, is it possible to get them to change their minds, perhaps by another more liberal form of brainwashing. 
I genuinely wish I could follow your throught processes on this, but there again, you may well be a Quaker or a Methodist or something else, who can see some good in even murderers.  Whilst she may not have used the sword herself to severe a head from a body, I hope you'd agree, that by going there, she was involved in joint-enterprise.  I find that hard to forgive.
I dimly recall at the time she left the UK to go to Syria that our TV screens were occupied by heads being severed from bodies, she'd be a rare creature not to have seen it too.  Naive, ignorant, brainwashed?

em

« Reply #44 on: Feb 14, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »
I simply do not know the answer to this conundrum.I am pleased that I do not need to make a judgment.