Author Topic: Dirty John  (Read 1150 times)

minniemouse

Dirty John
« on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:03:18 AM »
I'm new to Netflix and started watching what I thought was a film late last night.  It's called Dirty John and based on a true story.  It turns out it's in parts.  Gripping film.  The trouble is, I wasn't sure how to retrieve it at the same point so kept watching.  I was up 'til 3.30 am.!!  Still haven't come to the end but cracking 'film'.  Can recommend.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

sparky

Re: Dirty John
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »
No film could be that good to have me up till,  3.30 AM,  I would be having  having a late night if am not in my pit by 9.15 PM .

fortyone

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:36:23 AM »
It's 8 episodes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7945720/

I think each episode must be about an hour. I've kicked off some downloads and will check.

Looks like each episode is just shy of 50 minutes. Probably aimed at an hour + adverts although I thought Netfix was ad free as they charge for it.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:41:42 AM »
No film could be that good to have me up till,  3.30 AM,  I would be having  having a late night if am not in my pit by 9.15 PM .

I've seen a few films that I wouldn't start watching until 3:30 AM.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

minniemouse

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »
I normally stay up late.  Usually get to bed between 12 and 1 a.m. (Thanks Forty, I'll watch the rest tonight) BTW it is ad free.  There is a very slight pause where the adverts would have been but it just carries on.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

sparky

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2019, 12:35:11 PM »
Diasi, Yeah but I am a great follower of that old saying "early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy wealth and wise ". I run 25miles a day without breaking a sweat, I gave up counting my money years ago, takes to long, and I never fail to answer ALL the questions on Mastermind ;) ;) ;)

fortyone

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
I run 25miles a day without breaking a sweat, I gave up counting my money years ago, takes to long, and I never fail to answer ALL the questions on Mastermind ;) ;) ;)
You must be a member of the 4:00am Staying in Bed Club.  :)

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2019, 01:04:57 PM »
Fortyone, How did you guess. ;D ;D

fortyone

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
It's not all good though. The other night I realise that that Myleene Klass was trying to snuggle up and I had to boot her out of the bed.

Sheila

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2019, 02:55:27 PM »
I'm new to Netflix and started watching what I thought was a film late last night.  It's called Dirty John and based on a true story.  It turns out it's in parts.  Gripping film.  The trouble is, I wasn't sure how to retrieve it at the same point so kept watching.  I was up 'til 3.30 am.!!  Still haven't come to the end but cracking 'film'.  Can recommend.

We've started to watch this too mm and are both enjoying it.  I prefer films that are based on true events.

Johned

« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2019, 09:31:49 PM »
What were you thinking fortyone?  It would be intriguing for us to know just how Mylene was in your bed in the first place?  I can only assume she had lost her way, late at night, so you took her in as a wonderful act of charity; even to sharing your bed with her.  What a saint you are.  I can only admire you and wish to emulate you and envy your good fortune.

fortyone

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »
It was an imaginary incident based upon a posters comments in a different thread. Apparently someone here possibly would kick Ms. Klass out of his bed as he was unimpressed by the way she filled a bikini.

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:02:59 PM »
Not accurate, M'Lord. This poster's dislike of Ms Klass is based purely on a dislike of women of that ilk and ego. The fact that she barely fills out a bikini is due, I'm sure, to her fixation on personal presentation plus a dedicated personal trainer, hard work in the gym and a fixed obsession with her image. I cannot think of many women I'd enjoy being with less, other than her peers.
M'Lud?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:31:13 AM »

I wouldn't mind her boobies.. I barely fill out a trainer bra.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Bobcat

« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »
I barely fill out a trainer bra.

Too much information !!!