Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819575 times)

Yellowbird

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #1860 on: Nov 24, 2019, 01:36:43 PM »
We live in the country and to my horror discovered mouse droppings in a cupboard so spent this morning disinfecting the cupboard and contents and digging out an old mousetrap, the wretched thing had even eaten its way through a tablet of laundry soap, hope its got stomachache
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Scrumpy

« Reply #1861 on: Nov 29, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »
I have Bertie with me today.. We had an early morning walk..
By the cringe it was cold...The sun was out though..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Sheila

« Reply #1862 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:22:05 PM »
We drove to New Brighton for a walk along the prom.  The gritters were out on the motorway and most of the roads seem to have been gritted.  It was absolutely beautiful in New Brighton with lovely blue skies and calm sea.  There were very happy dogs running round on the beach.  The sky is still clear now so there will probably be another thick frost tonight.

zoony

« Reply #1863 on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »
Bright sunny day. Clear skies and frost. (Note to self: Need warmer gloves..)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Butterpuff

« Reply #1864 on: Nov 29, 2019, 05:34:49 PM »
blue sky all day no wind , but very cold, I'm trying out a nut roast for the vegitarians on Christmas day, just off to put it in the oven

Scrumpy

« Reply #1865 on: Nov 30, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »

Such a beautiful day here.. Blue skies and sunshine..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Jacqueline

« Reply #1866 on: Nov 30, 2019, 01:22:22 PM »
Butterpuff,

Hope your nutroast goes well, What recipe are you using?  Let us know if its nice Id like to have a go, would make a change from buying one in Tescos.

Lovely sunny day here in Wales, supposed to be dry until Wednesday, going shopping now.

richmond62

« Reply #1867 on: Nov 30, 2019, 01:22:38 PM »
It is bucketting with rain here in South Bulgaria so I am spending far
too much time on the Pensioners Forum.   ;D

sparky

« Reply #1868 on: Nov 30, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »
Bright, but very cold,,,,, A bit of shopping in Cirencester and a coffee, now home with feet up after cooking a quick lunch,

Dayjo

« Reply #1869 on: Nov 30, 2019, 02:17:49 PM »
Grey mist, and perishing cold, here in Derbyshire.
 I've spent 20mins in my workshop. And, the rest of the day at loggerheads with the wife....
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Sheila

« Reply #1870 on: Nov 30, 2019, 03:04:53 PM »
Butterpuff,

Hope your nutroast goes well, What recipe are you using?  Let us know if its nice Id like to have a go, would make a change from buying one in Tescos.

Lovely sunny day here in Wales, supposed to be dry until Wednesday, going shopping now.

The best roast dinner that I ever had was quite a few years ago at a yoga retreat in Snowdonia.  That was the first time I had ever had nut roast and everything was delicious.

I don't usually have much at lunch time but I remember going back and getting more as it was so good.

sparky

« Reply #1871 on: Nov 30, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »
Blow that for a game of soldiers. the last thing I would like is my nuts roasted.

zoony

« Reply #1872 on: Nov 30, 2019, 03:29:00 PM »
Woke up feeling awful, threw up my morning coffee and still feeling awful dozed for a few hours. Feeling a bit better now but not well and still queasy. I get these symptoms two or three times a year. No idea what it is and I'm not sure the doctor even believes me just glad it only lasts about 10 hours....No idea where the yellow 'f's came from..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #1873 on: Nov 30, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »
My day pretty much the same as most other days. Woke up at 0430 as normal but wondered why my little dog Roxy had not been up stairs to disturb me, her normal routine. Found her fast a sleep on the settee. After taking her for her morning walk went to the GYM for some exercise and to change my membership from off peak to full. My Friday morning swim was impossible because of so many elderly none swimmer, exercising by walking up and down the pool. For an extra £32 a year that problem now sorted. The weather here been very gloomy with a thick fog, hope its not repeated tomorrow for my game of golf.

GrannyMac

« Reply #1874 on: Nov 30, 2019, 04:41:09 PM »
Wandered down to the library, then did a few hours in the charity shop. Not many volunteers on a Saturday, so if I'm free I go in.  First Saturday for a few weeks.  Its freezing here, and the chilly mist was settling when I walked home.  So its feet up, nice and warm with a book. 

I hope you're feeling better zoony!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais