Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819479 times)

Sheila

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #3150 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »
I've had the 'letter of doom' advising me to pack a hospital bag etc.  Happy days!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3151 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »
Oh, the girls in the bank advised me tat that it is likely that the branch will close after today for the duration. If that happens, I wonder if it will ever reopen?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

David G

« Reply #3152 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:51:41 PM »
Sheila, was that from your doctor or the NHS in general ?.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Diasi

« Reply #3153 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
I've had the 'letter of doom' advising me to pack a hospital bag etc.  Happy days!

Well at least you know you'll get hospital treatment if you should need it, which I doubt you will with your self-isolation routines.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Diasi

« Reply #3154 on: Mar 26, 2020, 01:00:22 PM »

If they ever close down the internet, a lot of us will be burgered, the younger generation on the other hand would be suicidal.

A young girl, admittedly with existing mental health issues, already has.

What an absolutely tragic waste of her life.

https://bit.ly/3dzQpeu
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Sheila

« Reply #3155 on: Mar 26, 2020, 01:17:03 PM »
Sheila, was that from your doctor or the NHS in general ?.

It said it was from our surgery but I suspect it was generated from a big office somewhere.

Sheila

« Reply #3156 on: Mar 26, 2020, 01:18:33 PM »
Well at least you know you'll get hospital treatment if you should need it, which I doubt you will with your self-isolation routines.

It's starting to drive us round the bend to be honest.  At least the sun is shining.

Hugh

« Reply #3157 on: Mar 26, 2020, 01:46:44 PM »
Got the electric lawn rake and gave the lawn a good raking. The amount of moss and dead grass, filled my brown bin. The amount of pain my knee was giving me I wasn't really up to it, but no one else was going to do it, so I got stuck in. My date with the consultant still on for Tuesday so the letter I received to day said, but it may get cancelled when they spot I am on a 12 week isolation. I will go by car and keep my distance at the hospital.

Walter

« Reply #3158 on: Mar 26, 2020, 01:57:17 PM »
Just come in for a coffee break after gardening most of the morning lovely warm sunny day, wind blew pollen from a fir tree in my garden it hit me in the face glasses went yellow.

Started to sneeze like mad Hay Fever kicked in for 10 mins or so scared the hell out of next doors moggy, eyes still watering waiting for the antihistamine to take effect

“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

zoony

« Reply #3159 on: Mar 26, 2020, 02:04:39 PM »
Took a stroll around the grounds..Cleaned out the pebbly birdbath, much to the annoyance of the sparrows and made a mental list of things to do before remembering that I'm rewilding. Comforting thought.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #3160 on: Mar 26, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »
i phoned the hospital to ask about a couple of appointments i have coming up, both were cancelled... but my visit tp Sheffield is still on, it all starts wi a CT scan it seems and at that visit i will told about the further treatments...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Coastal

« Reply #3161 on: Mar 26, 2020, 02:58:45 PM »
I went for a quick walk today (had a 3 mile drive first) but I chose a nice quiet spot up The Rogo as you can see.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Walter

« Reply #3162 on: Mar 26, 2020, 03:42:36 PM »
I wish you all well,
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

sparky

« Reply #3163 on: Mar 26, 2020, 03:49:49 PM »
Just come back from a walk by our  river, very quiet, made a pleasant change from all the visitors, the ducks are not self isolating .

Scrumpy

« Reply #3164 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:05:12 PM »

Letter of doom.

You will be well looked after sweetheart should the need arise and you seem to be following all the ‘Lockdown ‘ rules so hopefully it won’t come to that.. x

When I read  ‘pack a bag’ I thought of our pregnancy days. ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.