Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809763 times)

sparky

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #4695 on: Jul 04, 2020, 03:57:14 PM »
I know this might sound silly, but have you looked inside the glove.

granny moss

« Reply #4696 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:02:22 PM »
It is truly upsetting when loosing something dear to us. I have given all my jewellery to the girls in my family, and have kept only a few items that are dear to me. One is a tessera from the inside cupola in St Mark,  Venice. It is thousand of years old...with green/blue glass and covered in gold. It is made in to a pendant and I put it on a gold chain. Another is a gold bracelet linked with sappires, and a a couple of rings. I kept them because they remind me of Micky and some happy times in my life. I am sure that ring is of great value to you. I hope you can find it. Silly asking, but did you feel if it is inside your glove? Or it could be near your wife's grave. It is wort taking another look. gmx

biglouis

« Reply #4697 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:17:18 PM »
Sometimes I "lose" and item that a customer has bought. I know Ive not sold it but its like it has disappeared from the face of the earth. Ive been known to scream with frustration because I dont want to disappoint a buyer. Often if I leave it til next day and look again it will turn up in the box where It was supposed to be, and which I have already gone through. I think these items dont want to be sold. So they hide underneath others and I dont see them. Or I find them on the floor under my packing station.

I once lost £300 in cash on my way to an antique fair and did not realise it til I got there. I put a curse on that money.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Traveller

« Reply #4698 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:34:54 PM »
Hope you find the ring soon.

Some years ago while on holiday in Dartmouth, we went for a cruise on the river.  As I sat down, I noticed something shining between the slats of the seat.  It was a rather expensive looking engagement ring.  Back on dry land, I took it to the local police station and they had a report of a missing ring from some weeks earlier.

Later, and back home, I received a very nice letter from a lady in the Midlands who had lost the ring while on holiday and had given up hope of seeing it again.  It had obviously remained hidden on the boat for some time before I spotted it.
You'll have had your tea.

Coastal

« Reply #4699 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:41:56 PM »
I went to a birthday "party" today, my neighbours really know how to party, it didn't finish until about half past three ....... PM that is (it started at 2PM) we had a slice of cake and a glass or two of Prosecco, it did get a little bit noisy at times but only due to social distancing, and the birthday boy went home first (well it was his 90th)
Not a sign of the riot police to break it up, at one point there must have been 12 of us (well spaced out in the site hall)  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4700 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:48:42 PM »
Thanks for the kind words - I have looked in the glove, almost torn the car apart, traipsed over this morning's route, but all to no avail. I realise that we all have ot deal with grief in our own way - for me, as something she wore every day until she died, the ring was a very powerful symbol of our togetherness  - to lose it is something for which I can never, ever forgive myself
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Coastal

« Reply #4701 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
Don't give up MR, well over a week ago I "lost" one of my camera lens caps, I looked everywhere, scoured the car, moved chairs, went round with a torch and checked all my pockets several times, a few days back after my shower I put my dressing gown on, put my hand in the pocket and there it was, I hadn't worn it for a week due to the warm weather.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4702 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:00:29 PM »
I will keep looking,but.......
Mike

sparky

« Reply #4703 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:05:20 PM »
Sincerely hope you further looking pays off Mike.

zoony

« Reply #4704 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:26:31 PM »
I will keep looking,but.......
Mike

Mike. I wonder if you have a local metal detectorists club nearby? They might take up the challenge if you explain your distress..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #4705 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:49:41 PM »
That's a good idea Zoony 
Hope you find it Mike  👍

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4706 on: Jul 05, 2020, 05:18:09 AM »
Thanks, folks - I'm off to the park in a few minutes to put up reward notices. Don't know of any metal detector folk locally but I will check - thanks for the thought
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #4707 on: Jul 05, 2020, 06:51:07 AM »
Fingers crossed Mike. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4708 on: Jul 05, 2020, 07:47:24 AM »
Thanks - I had reward notices up at the park by 0600 - here's hoping
Mike

mick607

« Reply #4709 on: Jul 05, 2020, 09:04:33 AM »
Going in to the city today again. Doing our bit for the economy, my wife calls it retail therapy.
Could even call in a pub at lunchtime.