Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809465 times)

Coastal

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6465 on: Oct 27, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »
Thank you for all your good wishes.

It's a relief to know that she's in the right place to find out what her health problems are.

I'll know more today.

Best Wishes to you both, take care.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Jacqueline

« Reply #6466 on: Oct 27, 2020, 11:30:14 AM »
Poor you two, hope you don't have to travel too far for help and treatment and everything will be OK.  Best wishes to you.

Diasi

« Reply #6467 on: Oct 27, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »

Best Wishes to you both, take care.

Poor you two, hope you don't have to travel too far for help and treatment and everything will be OK.  Best wishes to you.

Thanks.

It's a 38 mile round trip to Lincoln & it's quite a good easy run but it's a 100 mile round trip to Nottingham & it's not a good journey.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Traveller

« Reply #6468 on: Oct 27, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »
As my daughter puts it, "life is too short to drink cheap wine"  so I've ordered some wine, cider, and apple juice from my favourite English vineyard - Biddenden in Kent.  When I lived in Hampshire, I used to visit the vineyards in Kent and Sussex a couple of times a year. Now I live at the other end of the country, but they do mail order at a very reasonable rate.    The vineyard produces a fantastic cider, matured in oak barrels with 13% ABV . I've ordered some to help celebrate the Yule.

Went shopping this morning.  Both Asda and Tesco were quite busy, but Lidl was very quiet. (When I say busy, this is a relative term. It means there were more customers than staff.)
You'll have had your tea.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6469 on: Oct 27, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »
Thanks.

It's a 38 mile round trip to Lincoln & it's quite a good easy run but it's a 100 mile round trip to Nottingham & it's not a good journey.

Fingers crossed its Lincoln then. I hope you and your wife are kept informed, and she gets the right treatment and help.  Take care.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #6470 on: Oct 27, 2020, 04:08:56 PM »

Fingers crossed its Lincoln then. I hope you and your wife are kept informed, and she gets the right treatment and help.  Take care.

Lincoln it is but she's been put on a ward which has a Covid patient isolation section because her O2 sat reading yesterday & this morning was down to 89% & her respiratory rate was slow, plus she's rather drowsy & confused.

If she tests positive for Covid then it means I've had it with absolutely no symptoms whatsoever, so it should be interesting.

The down side is there's no visiting on that ward for obvious reasons.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

« Reply #6471 on: Oct 27, 2020, 04:15:16 PM »
Sorry to hear your wife is so poorly Phil, lets hope she doesn't test positive adding to the other problems.  Chin up, everything crossed for a good recovery.

Diasi

« Reply #6472 on: Oct 27, 2020, 04:53:29 PM »
Sorry to hear your wife is so poorly Phil, lets hope she doesn't test positive adding to the other problems.  Chin up, everything crossed for a good recovery.

Thanks, I'm sure she'll be fine.

I think they suspect Covid for the slightest respiratory problem.

Scrumpy

« Reply #6473 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:15:43 AM »

Today I am going out for a coffee.. and I am so excited..
 Might buy a bra and some lippy.. while I still can !!.. I am definitely going to get some Jack Daniels.. for Christmas..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6474 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »
Have fun Scrumpy!

I'm waiting for our Sainsbury's order and enjoying seeing the sun after the last few miserable days here.  I've orderd some Pain au Raisins, thats my weekly breakfast treat.  And I got a new jigsaw yesterday, might start that later.  Will the excitement ever start!  😂
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #6475 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:41:11 AM »
My favourite breakfast is:   A bowl of crisp corn flakes,  a big handful of sultanas (softer and sweeter than raisins)  and half a sliced banana soaked in milk.....and a spoonful of honey.....Let it rest for a minute for the flavours to mix......gmx

Coastal

« Reply #6476 on: Oct 28, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »
Breakfast? I had 2 malted milks with my coffee, usually it's just the coffee  ;D

Today it's in to Llandod for my INR (blood test) followed by Tesco and I might (weather dependant) do a lap of the lake (based on the weather as I'm typing, that won't be happening)
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Jacqueline

« Reply #6477 on: Oct 28, 2020, 10:53:05 AM »

Today I am going out for a coffee.. and I am so excited..
 Might buy a bra and some lippy.. while I still can !!.. I am definitely going to get some Jack Daniels.. for Christmas..

You can buy a bra!!!!!!!! here in Wales you boobs could be dragging on the floor but a bra is a non essential item ;D

Diasi

« Reply #6478 on: Oct 28, 2020, 10:58:21 AM »

You can buy a bra!!!!!!!! here in Wales you boobs could be dragging on the floor but a bra is a non essential item ;D

Won't your husband hold them up for you?

Jacqueline

« Reply #6479 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
Won't your husband hold them up for you?

I'm sure he would if I asked him nicely  ;D ;D ;D