Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809435 times)

Dayjo

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6510 on: Oct 29, 2020, 09:21:56 AM »
I'm fitting a new, LED bathroom light.

Herself, is delighted....
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

granny moss

« Reply #6511 on: Oct 29, 2020, 11:07:48 AM »
Just heard that my granddaughter has obtained her medicine degree at the UEA.    She is already a working distric nurse, and although married and two schoolchildren to look after, she has worked and studied hard for this.  She truly deserves the joy of this day !....Very happy for her. gmx

Diasi

« Reply #6512 on: Oct 29, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
Just heard that my granddaughter has obtained her medicine degree at the UEA.    She is already a working distric nurse, and although married and two schoolchildren to look after, she has worked and studied hard for this.  She truly deserves the joy of this day !....Very happy for her. gmx

Yes, she's done very well.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6513 on: Oct 29, 2020, 11:27:29 AM »
Tell her well done from this collections of wrinklies!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #6514 on: Oct 29, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »
Thank you !  I know that I could not have done that....and also my daughter in law, studied for a degree in nursing, when she had three boys and a huband to look after !.....I really admire people that achieve so much, when they have so many other comitments in their lives. There are still so many younger people out there, working hard....gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6515 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:32:46 AM »
Well, we’re promised heavy rain and strong winds. Despite the double glazing, I can hear the wind, which means it is very strong. Strongest wind we have known locally was over 80mph the night well over 100 was recorded in the Highland somewhere. Think I may stay in bed under the duvet!
Mike 😁😁

Diasi

« Reply #6516 on: Oct 30, 2020, 06:20:06 AM »
Well, we’re promised heavy rain and strong winds. Despite the double glazing, I can hear the wind, which means it is very strong. Strongest wind we have known locally was over 80mph the night well over 100 was recorded in the Highland somewhere. Think I may stay in bed under the duvet!
Mike 😁😁

03:32 am, you either stayed up late or got up early.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6517 on: Oct 30, 2020, 06:22:11 AM »
The latter. Nowadays I sleep even worse than I used to.
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #6518 on: Oct 30, 2020, 06:28:25 AM »
The latter. Nowadays I sleep even worse than I used to.
Mike

I grabbed a couple of hours & got up at 05:30 after going through that couple of seconds when you don't know if you've dreamt something & then you realise you didn't.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6519 on: Oct 30, 2020, 06:49:41 AM »
Years ago I often had a dream that I was really, really rich. Upon waking, just for a few seconds, it seemed real. Then....
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #6520 on: Oct 30, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »
I cannot believe it ! I have slept for 11  (eleven...) hours ! :D :D :D   Gone to bed at 9pm...got up at 8 am....Has anyone else ever slept as long ?

Still confused.  Maybe today I do nothing....just eat and watch "White collars" on Netflix .  Have a good day....gmx

Just remembered...done a pretty Congratulations card for my granddaughter....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6521 on: Oct 30, 2020, 08:57:07 AM »
I may well have done in my youth, but certainly not for at least 50 years, probably longer. Longest continual sleep I have in recent years was when I dozed off in front of the TV around seven and woke at one twenty in the morning - much, much longer than my norm
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #6522 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:45:40 AM »
I may well have done in my youth, but certainly not for at least 50 years, probably longer. Longest continual sleep I have in recent years was when I dozed off in front of the TV around seven and woke at one twenty in the morning - much, much longer than my norm
Mike

I'm a light sleeper anyway but I'm used to being woken up during the night so I rarely go more than two or three hours without waking up.

Traveller

« Reply #6523 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:57:46 AM »
Beautiful Autumn day here - hard to believe that we're in the middle of a pandemic..
Hung out clothes to dry and then went to Lidl to pick up some of the special offers.  Mrs. T wanted to buy some new pillow cases and Tesco usually has a good selection.  Not today, very few and not the right colour.  Argos were out of stock, and 'The original factory shop' was having a reorganisation in the homewares section, so no luck there.

Ah well...  back home Mrs. T is weighing out fruit for the Christmas cake.  Hope Christmas isn't cancelled, or cake might be the only thing we'll have to eat !!
You'll have had your tea.

Diasi

« Reply #6524 on: Oct 30, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
I've been to Morrisons for a couple of items & my wife's prescription but that's all at the moment.