Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819613 times)

Hugh

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6990 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
No sleep on any day with my little dog, she is an early riser crabbyob so its to bed every night by 0830 to get my 8 hours in.

Managed to pull my self together and got the lawn cut, and leaves collected. Grass is still growing quite well, to think once upon a time the lawn mower would have been put away for the winter by now.

Diasi

« Reply #6991 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »
Ee,Diasi,thas nobbut a lad.Same difference in ages as me and my late husband.

Ah, tha reet wi that theer.

;D ;D ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Traveller

« Reply #6992 on: Nov 22, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »
Bed by 08:30 ? Do you sleep during the day, or did you mean 8:30 pm?    It's rare that I get 8 hours sleep - certainly not uninterrupted sleep.  I always wake 2 or 3 times during the night and play "alarm clock bingo"...
This 'game' involves scoring points for waking at certain times  on my digital alarm clock eg. 22.22, 23:45, 00:00, 01:23 etc.   I'm happy with 7 hours.

It's cold and a bit overcast today - not nearly as nice as yesterday,  but at least it's dry.  Took the campervan out for a short drive to keep it from stiffening up.  Dumped a load of bottles at the local bottle bank as the council don't collect glass.  Otherwise, staying warm.  Maybe start a jigsaw this afternoon.  Roast lamb for dinner.
You'll have had your tea.

Hugh

« Reply #6993 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:03:24 PM »
Sorry missed out the PM Traveller. Never get 8 hours solid sleep always have to visit the toilet 2 or 3 times which is most annoying.

biglouis

« Reply #6994 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:52:15 PM »
I rarely sleep for more than 4 hours together. Its such a waste of time when I could be doing more valuable things. At least folks can buy stuff while I am asleep and frequently do. Then I have to pack it and get it out the door.

I just printed a pile of Royal Mail labels and had to order more from Amazon to deliver tomorrow. Running short on typing paper and packaging materials too so had to order those.

I dont even know what sort of a day it is as the weather is more or less irrelevant. The gardner will make one more visit to tidy up and then he will not need to come again until the grass begins to grow.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

sparky

« Reply #6995 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »
Bed at 9 pm last night as usual , pee break at around 1pm as usual, then wake around 5 am for another pee, as usual, than up when fully  awake at about 6 -7am.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6996 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »
Probably going to put my feet up for two or three hours postprandial snooze
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #6997 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:29:56 PM »
Sounds a good idea Mike.

GrannyMac

« Reply #6998 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:30:59 PM »
Went to a very large Tesco this morning, looking for some bedding. No luck, I've already looked in Asda and Sainsbury's, and they had nothing I liked.   I'll wait til Dunelm opens again. 

Had lunch, OH is napping as per at this time, so I'm quietly browsing, and doing a sudoku.  Its a lovely afternoon, bright and cold.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #6999 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:57:29 PM »
'S been a nice day here too..Had a visit from my 'carer' so that's bread, milk and whiskey sorted for a few days.. ;D  The ukulele and I are getting along well but at this rate I might have to get myself a big boy one as this is supposed to be for Mia.. :-\
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Sheila

« Reply #7000 on: Nov 22, 2020, 02:59:17 PM »
It's a lovely day here so we went to New Brighton for a walk along the prom.  It was beautiful but a bit difficult to maintain a good distance from everyone else.

We had a brisk walk for 45 minutes (Paul's military training has me marching for a set amount of time to try and keep my lungs as healthy as possible!).  He decided a few months ago that I should try a hill and found a fairly steep one.  I discovered eventually that he was counting the number of steps I could take up the hill until I had to stop and get my breath back.  He wanted to see an improvement.

Alex22

« Reply #7001 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:09:52 PM »
It's been a lovely day here too.   I had an unusual dinner for a Sunday - egg and chips and I did enjoy it, no pans to wash either 😄

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7002 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »
Trying to convince myself that it really is just gone six thirty and not eleven at night (it is dark)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Coastal

« Reply #7003 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »
Not a bad day here either, I went for a not so short drive (123 miles to be exact) down to Llandovery then over to Aberaeron via Lampeter, I stayed there for an hour or so then back home via Aberystwyth
It's 36 miles each way as the crow flies, but those pesky mountains get in the way  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Alex22

« Reply #7004 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:40:16 PM »
Looks lovely there too Coastal 👍