Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809681 times)

Scrumpy

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #8205 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:00:16 AM »
I try not to get too p*ssed off.. It's not easy sometimes and I have to give myself a good talking to.. I do plan ahead and think of things to do when the weather gets better..
I bought.. lamb chops.. chicken breasts and a turkey roast in my Tesco order.. I love my freezer.. !!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #8206 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:10:29 AM »
Me too Scrumpy, I could do with an extra freezer really, a small one.

Scrumpy

« Reply #8207 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:15:33 AM »

The trouble is when I come to clearing it out.. Why on earth did I buy them frog legs !!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

granny moss

« Reply #8208 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:23:58 AM »
The Banks are messing customers about a bit.....Now, I have to wait for them to ring the phone and they ask me to tell them the four digit code number  on the CP screen...before I can enter my accounts, after another security check....

A problem arises if I am not quick enough and clear, when I read the code number on the phone, as the automatic voice cuts me off and I have to wait for another code number to read....They give 4 chances and then shut you out.....So, when answering the phone call for the code number,...it is the quick and the dead......Another item to make me stressed..... :'(

Another thing now: Jennifer goes to the PO at the village shop on Mondays to take money out.  Up to now all OK. Yesterday she came back, and said the Bank now only allows £300 per day to be taken out.....So, we are £30 short of the usual.

Another journey for £30....We are trying to sort out the problem by doing transfers between our accounts, on line...  Banks !.... >:(   gmx

granny moss

« Reply #8209 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:27:01 AM »
Where is the rest of the frog ?  :D ??? Not in my fridge...I hope ! gmx

Hugh

« Reply #8210 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:46:38 AM »
Been out with Roxy in the pouring rain good job I have good water proofs which I will certainly need for the next few days. My beddings now in the washer. How I will fill the rest of day not quite sure. Talking of food must go to Aldi before long my freezer getting low on food.

Sheila

« Reply #8211 on: Jan 19, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
Beef, onions and carrots in the slow cooker.  Paul went to the local farm shop a couple of days ago.  I asked him to buy anything that looked good and he came home with a bunch of carrots.  We could tell from the leaves that they were very fresh.  The sprout stick looked as though it had just been picked and the potatoes are lovely.  The sack is paper and they still have soil on them so they will keep well in the garage.

Carrots and potatoes from the supermarket are washed and then packed in plastic bags, still damp and ready to rot.

Coastal

« Reply #8212 on: Jan 19, 2021, 12:23:34 PM »
Well as usual I went to bed late (very) then got up late, I had every intention of going for a decent walk today but the weather is foul, the rain is going sideways so I just might be on the laptop all day  ::)  sound exciting doesn't it  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8213 on: Jan 19, 2021, 12:53:04 PM »
Foul day, so no walk. 0C very damp and a thick mist, virtually freezing fog
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #8214 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:22:50 PM »
No rain here, a bit of drizzle earlier on, but South Yorkshire is on storm / flood alert.

Had my 1st Covid vaccination & while I was out I went into Morrisons to stock up on baked beans & fish fingers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #8215 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »
Had my letter but no vaccine available so just have to wait. Able to take Roxy for her afternoon walk with out get wet.

Traveller

« Reply #8216 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »
It was -3 deg according to the car when I went to de-ice it.  It hasn't got above freezing all morning, although we've had some bright sunshine and very little breeze.  Shops were fairly quiet and no extra health measures had been put in place.  Neither ASDA nor Lidl seemed to be enforcing wearing face masks, though most people (but not all) wore them anyway.  I think Tesco may have been more strict.   'Catalogue stores' such as Argos and Toolstation were open, pesumably for 'Click & collect'.

On the point of freezers, we have four!  Two chest freezers and two 'under shelf' ones.    They do tend to become very disorganised and have to be sorted out / defrosted occasionally. 
You'll have had your tea.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8217 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:24:52 AM »
Half an inch of snow overnight which is, in many places, lying on top of ice. All good fun!
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #8218 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:45:02 AM »
Half an inch of snow overnight which is, in many places, lying on top of ice. All good fun!
Mike

A bit of rain overnight but nothing much & it's 10.5 c, so no ice or snow.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8219 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:48:28 AM »
Golly, positive heatwave!
Mike