Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809666 times)

sparky

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:26:03 AM »
Beautiful day, and I have already done what I intended doing, Moreton in the Marsh, first to Aldi, then a wander around the Tuesday market there, called  into Stow on the way back for a coffee and  teacake, now sat in my chair kn*******rd, might have a stroll along the river this afternoon, if I have recovered enough.

Jenny Rob

« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »
Lovely day here too.  Gardening this morning and a short walk this afternoon.   The weather is due to change at the weekend and go back to cold, wet and windy for the foreseeable future according to the BBC.

Traveller

« Reply #32 on: Feb 26, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
Beautiful day here. Spent this morning making mutton pies and this afternoon it's off for a walk on the beach.
You'll have had your tea.

GrannyMac

« Reply #33 on: Feb 26, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
Went for a walk with my OH to the chemist, then through the park to the library to collect some books.  Unbelievably warm here in Yorkshire.  A little bit of pruning in the garden.  Lunch and feet up, now off to have my nails done.  Isn't retirement great - especially when the weather is like this.

Is it sunbathing weather where you are Scrumpy?
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2019, 03:52:43 PM »
Very warm here GrannyMac..
 No sunbathing yet.. I need to shave my legs... and get my bikini line done.. I’ve never had to do that in February..!
 I blame the Russians.  The trifle is all gone.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2019, 04:21:54 PM »
All my bush trimming is done.

zoony

« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:33:42 PM »
Gorgeous here too. I don't give a hoot if it freezes next week, this little bit of kind weather makes it much easier to take.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Yellowbird

« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »
Went to a new painting group this morning full of trepidations but was warmly welcomed and enjoyed a morning watercolour painting with some very nice people. Just going to have G & T with Ron before dinner of Beef Stroganoff. A nice day :)
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Jenny Rob

« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »
I am glad you enjoyed your new group.  It is always difficult walking into a room full of strangers.  I am hoping to join a Discussion Group locally and I must admit I am quite nervous about it.

Hugh

« Reply #39 on: Mar 02, 2019, 11:24:08 AM »
Good morning everyone. Kept myself very busy starting with a little walk in the forest with Roxy.Then it was getting to grips with house hold work. Dusting cleaning and washing up, and putting away dried washing. Finished off the morning with golf range practice. Now I am going to relax with a bit of telly and a can of beer.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »

I better tell you what I am doing tomorrow as this may not be published until then.  Sunday is my "day off" the decluttering so I will watch some of the politics programmes - well listen to as well as Pienaar's Politics on Radio 5 is a favorite.  I shall then switch it all off and read.  That's if I don't get (pleasantly) interrupted by a visit from my daughter which will depend on whether people are still playing rugby or if the season has ended as her partner coaches a team of young players.  I like Sunday's and Saturday will probably have been good - but decluttering, which at this moment is shredding.  I thought I had done enough to last a life time but I am down to the last bit of sorting Mum's things out and separating photos from the mountain of sometimes junk mail (and Green Shield Stamps), sometimes important stuff now.  At least I have brought that home and can do it where I feel most comfortable.

Have a good day (and Sunday ;D
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Jenny Rob

« Reply #41 on: Mar 02, 2019, 12:51:52 PM »
We had a drive up to Kendal this morning to buy some more items for my husband's 1/32 scale farming diorama.  Lovely day so far but rain and wind forecast for later in the day.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2019, 02:52:39 PM »
There is a shop in Kendal that I am dying to visit Jenny - it's called Cool Crafting.  If I have time in the summer I might well take a trip over.  It seems to me to be quite a centre for all types of crafting and such a lovely part of the world.  I hope you find all you are looking for. 
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

zoony

« Reply #43 on: Mar 02, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
Misty-moisty grey-sky day today. Fortunately the cricket is from Saint Lucia so I'm enjoying a certain amount of Caribbean ambiance..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2019, 04:58:47 PM »
Same here just a drizzle day...........