Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809862 times)

Scrumpy

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #45 on: Mar 02, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »
Grey day.. Summer seems to have gone.!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

minniemouse

« Reply #46 on: Mar 02, 2019, 05:21:14 PM »
Weather not so good.  Caught a spider indoors and let it outside.  How far d'ya think you have to go before they can't make their way back again?   ???
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Scrumpy

« Reply #47 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:14:49 PM »
The other side of the main road. !
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

minniemouse

« Reply #48 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:39:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

crabbyob

« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:06:13 AM »
try Doncaster Minnie... ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

crabbyob

« Reply #50 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:14:31 AM »
today i am gathering my bits together for my return to Goa
i leave here at 4 a.m. tuesday to travel to the airport on the other side of Chennai pop 4.5 million so a big city... i am getting the red-eye as the yanks call it [am i allowed to say yanks?] because i got a ticket for £25... ;D  a ticket during the day is about £85...its not easy being a Scot who has lived in Yorkshire for 60 years-ish...but it will be nice to get out of the city and see my friends...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #51 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »
It's very windy, but bright and sunny between the showers (horizontal rain!). Ever since Veronica died in January of last year, whenever I have left the house it has been for a utilitarian purpose, ranging from shopping to attending two more funerals, so today I have decided to just get in the car and drive for a couple of hours or so - don't know where, don't much care - just to do something different
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #52 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
Know the feeling well Mike, I get stir crazy if I don't go out at least every other day, even if its just for a stroll along the river, or a wander around a supermarket.

Scrumpy

« Reply #53 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:38:11 AM »

Thought I might get the hoover out today.. Why do I call it HOOVER when it is a Henry.. Well, the female version. It's an Hetty.. So much prettier than an Henry..

crabbyob

« Reply #54 on: Mar 03, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »
where i play golf sent a photo of the course
i sent it back and told them to get leaves on the trees

Michael Rolls

« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »
And that is just what I did - up the A9 to Pitlochry, wander around the town for 20 minutes (years since I have been there), then home using the country lanes. Only thing - when I got home, no little dog waiting at the door to greet me
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #56 on: Mar 03, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »
Is there nobody near to you Michael ? it would be nice to meet up for a coffee on neutral ground ! 

Traveller

« Reply #57 on: Mar 03, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »
Cold wind here today, but at least its dry and bright.  Got the washing on the line and it's drying well, but had to use extra pegs to stop it taking off.  I've been doing a bit of cabinet making and I've got come bits glued and clamped.  Going OK, but I'm sort of designing it as I go along.

Might go for a walk in the local forest as it should be a bit more sheltered there.
You'll have had your tea.

GrannyMac

« Reply #58 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »
Weather not so good.  Caught a spider indoors and let it outside.  How far d'ya think you have to go before they can't make their way back again?   ???

I was told they don't like conkers.  I've put a couple on my kitchen and sitting room windows, and haven't seen a spider since.  Don't know if its anything to do with the conkers, or if the story is just an old chestnut.   ;)
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #59 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:36:57 PM »

I had a face pack..