Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809367 times)

Hugh

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #1140 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:00:58 AM »
Dear Ron I really feel sorry for you, I only had a small dose of what you are going through with Yvonne, so I really feel for you. If it helps, share your pain with us, no one on here will mind.

After getting a real soaking yesterday I am giving golf a rest and letting my gear dry. I may just have a very lazy day or go out in the garden and sort out the borders which at the moment look a bit like being on the wild side.

Scrumpy

« Reply #1141 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »

I hope to cut the grass today before the rains come..
 I came home from holiday to a BIG LEAK.. A pipe in the bathroom toilet went potty and water dripped for days. My ceiling in the living room is badly stained.. Covered by insurance all fixed and ceiling will be painted.

Good luck to you Ron.. You have every reason to moan.. At least my leak can be easily fixed.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #1142 on: Aug 12, 2019, 12:09:17 PM »

I hope to cut the grass today before the rains come..
 I came home from holiday to a BIG LEAK.. A pipe in the bathroom toilet went potty and water dripped for days. My ceiling in the living room is badly stained.. Covered by insurance all fixed and ceiling will be painted.

Good luck to you Ron.. You have every reason to moan.. At least my leak can be easily fixed.
Few things worse in a house. A good few years ago a works colleague came in very worried. He was keeping an eye on a neighbour's house whilst they were away on the 'holiday of a life time' - can't remember the details but it was well out of the norm. They had only been away a couple of days when Eric went into the house to discover a pipe had let go and brought down the ceiling in the living room. His quandary ( he had already arranged for emergency treatment) did he tell them right away and ruin their holiday, or did he say nothing until they returned? In the final analysis, he decided to keep mum - which I think was the right option
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #1143 on: Aug 13, 2019, 05:05:18 PM »
Losing my temper big time. Not something I do often, but today.....Well all hell broke loose for me..

Hugh

« Reply #1144 on: Aug 13, 2019, 05:23:37 PM »
Nothing to do with that car mechanic Raven would it  ??? :) :) :) :)  My entry to this thread went in the gardening section.

Scrumpy

« Reply #1145 on: Aug 13, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »
Cut the grass.. cleaned windows.. I give myself jobs to do before I am allowed lunch.. Usually works..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #1146 on: Aug 13, 2019, 07:37:22 PM »
I had a day out with an old friend and a pub lunch. 

brian54

« Reply #1147 on: Aug 13, 2019, 08:39:19 PM »
Andy and Peter took me for a walk. Did some cleaning. Took my daughters and granddaughters for Lunch and paid. Collected my new glasses.
Went to my daughters house for some tea. Andy and Peter joined us. We will be going for our final walk in about an hour.

Ode Iron

« Reply #1148 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:00:34 PM »
Did a 3:am Airport run, 2 hours kip, starving so i threw a pig in the frying pan, deadheaded all plants, took Wife to the quacks, cooked steak dinner, quaffed 2 beers, laying down and threading it out on here...tatered!
Masks are muzzles

Coastal

« Reply #1149 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:16:13 PM »
Ordered two new tyres, mainly due to a slow puncture but both rears are getting very low on tread anyway, so just doing it now instead of a few months time, and tomorrow I'll be having them fitted.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Hugh

« Reply #1150 on: Aug 14, 2019, 07:28:51 AM »
Had Roxy out for an early morning walk in the rain. Then gave her a nice warm shower and shampoo. Now I am having a cup tea and a lazy day.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #1151 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:08:42 AM »
Taking lots of garden cuttings to the tip, then hoping to cut the grass - but the weather looks threatening.
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #1152 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:15:39 AM »
Pleased I got mine done yesterday Mike been raining quite hard here.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #1153 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:20:28 AM »
My fingers are so crossed they resemble corkscrews!
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #1154 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:21:59 AM »
Wet here this morning. Our grandson came to stay yesterday, we're going to the cinema this pm to see Lion King.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais