Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809462 times)

zoony

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #1890 on: Dec 01, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »
Good point Mick...So the most sensible thing would be to offer one of teachers some extra work or close up for a week..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

richmond62

« Reply #1891 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:25:10 PM »
"And pass on your cold/flu to everyone else around you"

There are only 2 teachers in my school: myself and my "sidekick."

Both of the teachers and almost all of the kids have been "down" with the same bug this weekend:
so, while sitting here, I have developed EFL modules at various levels on the vocabulary and grammar of being ill.

As my MA instructor in the USA said, "Always try to keep things topical."   :)

zoony

« Reply #1892 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:53:16 PM »
As an aside, you might mention that the Spanish flu that ravaged the world in 1918 killing 50 million people was nothing to do with the Spanish.  It was so-called because the Spanish were unaligned with the good guys and nobody wanted the blame put on a ally.. Your MA teacher was right, keep things relevant.. ;D .

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #1893 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »

I've just pigged out on the double cream that was left over from Christmas meal on Sunday..
 Not good...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #1894 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:30:33 PM »
I've just put the heating back on, the sun is out but it's so bliddy cold.   I'm going to Berlin too and it's bliddy colder there !  Note to self:  buy some thermals.

Butterpuff

« Reply #1895 on: Dec 03, 2019, 02:07:07 PM »
think I might do a bit of baking today, hubby's been reminding me that there's not much shortbread left...only him and me in the house ...and I didn't eat it ...those dammed gremlins again

Hugh

« Reply #1896 on: Dec 04, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »
Had quite a busy active day which started with an early morning walk with my little dog Roxy with a torch in hand. Then it was time to head to the GYM for some light exercises followed by a swim. Session ended with a spell in the sauna and Jacuzzi. After a nice hot shower it was time to head home where my little dog was waiting for a walk. Brown bin day tomorrow so I filled it with leaves off my lawns.
I have always praised shopping at Aldi but will not buy a beef joint from there again. I ended up cutting it up into small pieces and putting into a slow cooker with potatoes and veg. It will last me a few days and I will add something to the mix tomorrow.

mick607

« Reply #1897 on: Dec 04, 2019, 04:21:06 PM »
Has a wander downstairs to the residents lounge for the Wednesday lunch today. Tomato soup + ham sandwich followed by jacket spud with cheese, beans or coleslaw or chili con carni desert was strudle & cream.
While there was asked if I was staying to meet Jeremy Corbyn as he was visiting here today.Went to Tesco with my wife to do some shopping instead. (I hate shopping) better than bumping in to JC.Not many here bothered by all accounts.

Ode Iron

« Reply #1898 on: Dec 04, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »
Smashing gesture Mick..his 'labour'? antics have driven millions into voting tory. We got the double bubble here today..double my weekly DHSS payment. I am grateful..but what for really?
Even though i am on illness benefit i feel guilty and feel for cash strapped minimum wage workers who have funded this via taxation.
What also angered me today..was over half the town got this today from the Post Office..and guess what..the shops still closed half day wednesday..but the pubs were rammed solid!!
I would have preferred a €200 food voucher( not booze.)
Sorry if i appear ungrateful..but my 3 kids pay USC out their wages every week..to prop up the stupid EU loan we had..i would have opted for 2 weeks break from ripping workers off.
Ode xx
Masks are muzzles

Coastal

« Reply #1899 on: Dec 06, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
Well I met up with an old work friend today for lunch, we met half way but still a fair old trip as he lives in Coventry, we went to a pub (my old local at Knightwick) and I bought the first round of a pint of beer and a pint of diet Pepsi total £6.80 I don't object to £3.40 for the beer but £3.40 for the Pepsi in my opinion is an absolute rip off.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

mick607

« Reply #1900 on: Dec 06, 2019, 06:33:09 PM »
Well I met up with an old work friend today for lunch, we met half way but still a fair old trip as he lives in Coventry, we went to a pub (my old local at Knightwick) and I bought the first round of a pint of beer and a pint of diet Pepsi total £6.80 I don't object to £3.40 for the beer but £3.40 for the Pepsi in my opinion is an absolute rip off.
It is a rip-off & that's why I refuse to pay it.

Ode Iron

« Reply #1901 on: Dec 06, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
Rip off is right...they sell from multi packs here..and landlords seen in Tesco buying can slabs of cider etc...then putting their prices on top.
Encouraging pre-drinking.. even drink driving in coastal's case.
Masks are muzzles

richmond62

« Reply #1902 on: Dec 06, 2019, 06:43:43 PM »
Desperately trying to persuade some British Pensioners to take up LiveCode programming.  :)

Coastal

« Reply #1903 on: Dec 06, 2019, 08:10:08 PM »
The Pepsi was on draught so cheap enough for the pub to buy (otherwise they'd buy cans or bottles) and doesn't exactly encourage drivers to drink soft drinks, and my "drink driving" is within the legal limits  ::) 
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

zoony

« Reply #1904 on: Dec 06, 2019, 08:38:39 PM »
Still ill and housebound. Might get an album's worth out of it.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.