Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819609 times)

richmond62

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #2265 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
Perverting young minds.

Diasi

« Reply #2266 on: Jan 24, 2020, 12:59:51 PM »
Haggis, tatties & neeps, lovely, I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

« Reply #2267 on: Jan 24, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
Today I'm trying to get to grips with a new laptop.   I've always been used to a desk top, in work and stuck to the same when I retired.   I think it will take some getting used to. It seems the smiles aren't working on this so that's a good start.   

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2268 on: Jan 24, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »
First day of the third year on my own so not full of the joys of spring
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #2269 on: Jan 24, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »
Three years is a long time Mike, your wife would want you to enjoy the years you have left I'm sure.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2270 on: Jan 24, 2020, 03:53:32 PM »
Worded that badly - sorry - it was two years yesterday, so today is the first day of year three. I'm sure that she would but enjoyment isn't really on the agenda, I'm afraid
 Every day is just one more without her  
Mike

zoony

« Reply #2271 on: Jan 24, 2020, 03:55:44 PM »
Mike..You don't have to be constantly full of self-pity to keep your love for her alive within yourself. I'm sure she'd encourage you to get on with things and not allow your life to be dominated by love's memory.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #2272 on: Jan 24, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »
Mike..You don't have to be constantly full of self-pity to keep your love for her alive within yourself. I'm sure she'd encourage you to get on with things and not allow your life to be dominated by love's memory.

Ouch!!
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

« Reply #2273 on: Jan 24, 2020, 04:19:31 PM »
Zoony isn't renowned for his  " way with words"  except on the Word Games maybe  ;)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2274 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »
Zoony
I do understand what you are saying. Some folk I know in a similar situation to myself find it possible to’move on’. I can’t. To be honest, every day is a bad day, and some are just totally, utterly, awful. Since January 2018 I have lost my wife, my brother, my sister and my dog. I have a very supportive brother-in-law and sister-in-law, but even they are no substitute for what I have lost, and obviously they can only interact with me a tiny fraction of the time
Mike

zoony

« Reply #2275 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:23:58 PM »
I hope I wasn't being intentionally cruel Mike. I apologise. It's a long time to grieve so deeply but given the other shattering losses in quick succession, it's all one horrible lump of grief to deal with..I assume you've had a word about some bereavement counselling which might be of use to you? At least towards separating the deaths in your mind..Nothing I can say is going to help much but it must be of some benefit to talk on here with people who're not close enough for it to get in the way...

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #2276 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:51:31 PM »

I really agree with you Zoony  I am pretty much in the same boat as Mike and start my second year with out Yvonne on the 21st February. I know Yvonne like my two sons would want me to get on with life, and I am pretty sure Yvonne looking down would be very happy about it. Every morning I say good morning love and good night when I go to bed.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2277 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »
Zoony
You weren't being cruel - least, not to my mind - just saying as you see it. This sort of thing hits folk in different ways - as a small example, when my brother's wife died Vernon very quickly replaced their double bed with a single - he couldn't bear the empty space beside him - I'm the opposite - that space is a tiny element of Veronica and the last thing that I would want to do would be to lose it.
Mike

zoony

« Reply #2278 on: Jan 24, 2020, 06:10:24 PM »
I'm not sure that any of us can truly be anything other than we are Mike..Which includes the way we react to thing..Some people jump up and down screaming with joy unbound over things that others might smile happily about and get on with their day..My e-mail is in my info so feel free to use it..perhaps have a chat on the phone sometime..

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2279 on: Jan 24, 2020, 06:39:53 PM »
Thanks, Zoony
Mike