Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819350 times)

crabbyob

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #2490 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »
traveller
you say you 'woke' up, does that mean you stopped sleeping or something else
i seem to have completely missed out a new meaning... ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #2491 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:48:19 PM »
Today is a very confusing day...I was tossing and turning in bed with a sudden really bad painful neck...I took one pillow away, and then all the pain went...But could not go back to sleep. So, I got up and had a cup of tea. Then got up at about 5am. My brain is into a fog. I had the milk bottle leaking at the bottom and a nice mess it made of the floor...Then found a Birthday card for my grandson, that I did some time back...but yesterday gave him another one...Cannot get into Facebook because they keep asking the same question and sending me code numbers that when I try to use them to enter the account, they tell me those numbers are not valid. Got so fed up, finished with them...I need a good friend...badly ! A few days back, lost my last one. Gone...I feel so sad for myself :'( Gave my daughter some money to get me some milk...she told me I already had given her the money for it.... ::) She trimmed my hair (under duress.. ??? ) and offered me the mirror to check.... :o I said I was in no mood to look at my face as it makes me double miserable...So, I come with not such a good mood to visit my friends....I know you will understand how I feel and endure with compassion...the boredom of my life at the present moment. I shall retreat with sorrow for myself and drink a nice glass of best sherry....to the health of my friends  8) I am going to have a bit of lunch and then siesta!....Sorry for the crying on your shoulder episode...gmx

Hugh

« Reply #2492 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:04:22 PM »
Well GM you certainly got that lot off your chest ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RoyMail

« Reply #2493 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »
Chin up G.M. we all get those days ? well I do ,especially after sleepless nights  :'(
Look and Listen but keep Stumm

zoony

« Reply #2494 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »
Same here..Sleepless in Stockport..Turned the light on about 5 and read for a while..Wakefulness is one thing, negative thoughts quite another..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2495 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:55:18 PM »
Let's hope tomorrow is better for you, granny
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ode Iron

« Reply #2496 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:44:36 PM »
Hope all are well..don't bother sweeping up after Ciara...storm Dennis is on the way!
Had me MRI done today..had to pay €200 ..or a 9 month wait on my medical card. Not mardy but the shoulder clamp and weights brought tears to my peeboes..and i have a good pain threshold..having had Fybromyalgia for 10 years..Hope CeeGee shoulder is better. Had 2 pints of red ale as a pick me up!
Ode x
Masks are muzzles

zoony

« Reply #2497 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
Sympathies Ode..Painful business this ageing..Nowt to do but Gin 'n bear it mate..

cowboy wisdom.

Ode Iron

« Reply #2498 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »
Too true Zoony..and years ago- probably like all members on here..i was tough as old boots.
Masks are muzzles

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2499 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
I prefer gin and tonic to gin and bear it!
Mike

firenze

« Reply #2500 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
Granny  Moss - I join you today with a bad attack of the miseries.  I think loosing a good friend is tough.   My last friend has also departed, I shall pour a large glass of wine and drink to their journey then go to bed. Join me Granny and we will drink a toast. X 
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2501 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:53:16 PM »
Thanks, Zoony, must try and get it on catchup
Mike
Tracked down. As you say, it is a bit on the disjointed side, but I liked the final twist
Mike

zoony

« Reply #2502 on: Feb 12, 2020, 10:26:30 PM »
You honestly didn't see that coming? Because the first scenes were what they were, there was always going to be a second round..I thought the gay husband (maybe) was going to seduce our hero!  ;D  That again, the two of them meeting then instant bessies..so badly done. imho of course..Tune in next week for the exciting climax..Perhaps Fred's new streaks will have faded a bit by then. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2503 on: Feb 12, 2020, 10:55:08 PM »
Must admit I was expecting a pass to be made at Morse
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #2504 on: Feb 12, 2020, 11:26:37 PM »
Granny Moss, so sorry for the loss of your friend. Especially as you say they were your last living friend that is so sad.  But your memories never die, you can always remember the happy times you shared.

When we attended my uncle's funeral,  dad was ill, he said to me "at your age now you'll be going to a lot of these" well he was right about that, his was the next one unfortunatly, followed by my friend aged 47.  I seem to have lost good friends much to young, One at 59 another at 65.

I know you feel lonely now without your friend, but we are all your friends on this site, so your not alone,  take care