Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809308 times)

zoony

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #2505 on: Feb 12, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »
Sorry Mike..I tend to be somewhat critical about these things..Or so I'm told by every woman I ever watched tv with.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2506 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:51:07 AM »
Sorry Mike..I tend to be somewhat critical about these things..Or so I'm told by every woman I ever watched tv with.. ;D
😊😊
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #2507 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:59:20 AM »
I have had a very good night rest and only got up once at 2pm, then back to sleep to 6am ... ;) sitting at my PC with my morning Echinacea tea...I am having Echinacea & raspberry tea first thing in the morning, and it seems to keep winter colds and sneezes away... ??? Thank you for your kind words about loosing one's last friend. This one was Denyse from Montreal, and we were friends for 14 years ! She was 15 years younger than me. Used to send each other hand painted watercolour cards ...and on the 'phone we used to have lots of laughter...I miss that.We met by chance at the airport in Venice. She was so beautiful and full of fun. Today I shall do the few ordinary chores and then hopefully get on with some painting...I wish I would be able one day soon, to get myself on the bus to Norwich and Have a feast of  shopping for nice lingerie and capuccinos ( capuccino, so called after the hooded brown cape worn by some order of friars in old Italy...) That reminds me, of the " Maschere" of the different regions in Italy. Torino had Harlequin, Venice, Colombina, then, Pagliaccio...Pulcinella...Gianduia...A choccolate is named after it...I shall look it up on Google...something for me to do...I can get to the live webcam of my home town in Udine and enjoy a walking video...seen my home and it is so clear I can see the number by the entrance...amazing!!!I lived right in the centre of the City. Behind the Duomo bell tower...and those bells were HUGE,bronze, and every morning at 6am the boom was extraordinary....All the birds roosting there flew out of the tower, and I fell out of my bed...no kidding  :D :D :D Make yourself have a nice day.! gm x

Diasi

« Reply #2508 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:41:42 PM »
I've just had an e-mail from Unite to confirm that I have a vote in the forthcoming Labour Leader / Deputy Leader Election & would I complete a short survey stating my voting intention & which three policy areas were the most important to me.

Well, immigration had to be the top of the list, followed by the NHS & then social care.

In line with Unite's preferences, I'll be voting for Rebecca Long-Bailey for Leader, I didn't name my second choice but it'll be Thornberry.

I'll vote for Richard Burgon as Deputy Leader & named Angela Rayner as my second choice.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

granny moss

« Reply #2509 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:55:44 AM »
Had a bad night... :'( Up now and had my breakfast. The sun is splendid in the sky...but the forecast is not so good for the week-end...Still hopeful to be able to get on the bus when the weather will be milder...and have a lovely day all bymyself up in the City ! 8) The new mobile with ALL the Icons etc etc I do not understand...I only want a telephone that is just that...I do not need all the other choices...Oh why do not someone make one just simple to use as a telephone to dial for help if needed....? :'( So frustrating...Have downloaded the help IMO instructions but so badly translated does not make much sense...I may have to read it again to see if I can understand it.Have a good day, if you can....! :D gmx

mick607

« Reply #2510 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:02:44 AM »
Home today from Skegness.
Had a good week. & the sun is still shining.

crabbyob

« Reply #2511 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
well i'm the birthday boy today, everyone is asking when is the party, i have told them next year, its a big birthday then....but its a great day here, a neighbour knocked on my room door and gave me a large slice of chocolate cake, god, i feel like a pig, well it would have been rude not to eat it wouldn't it...lol... so here i am, starting on my eightieth trip round the sun, i shall report here if i make it...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2512 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:27:32 AM »
well, it's pelting down with rain, the wind is picking up towards the 40+ mph promised and it is a year today that I had to have our dear little dog put to sleep, so full of the joys of spring I ain't
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #2513 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
I didn't name my second choice but it'll be Thornberry.
An excellent choice for alienating the working classes but sadly she didn't make the final stage.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Scrumpy

« Reply #2514 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:38:57 PM »

The sky is dripping at the moment..

I am just having lunch then I intend to sit in the living room and watch some of the last series of Game of Thrones.. I have also treated myself to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood..
  They will get me through a few rainy days..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #2515 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »
I keep hoping the heavy rain will stop so I can get out with the dog.  :( It's really chucking it down and I don't want drenched before I reach the gate. Said dog is not happy with me at all. :(

Hugh

« Reply #2516 on: Feb 15, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »
I am in the same boat as you Raven my little dog staring at me, more or less saying time for a walk. Wish she was like my nephews dog who refuses to go out in the rain ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Diasi

« Reply #2517 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
well, it's pelting down with rain, the wind is picking up towards the 40+ mph promised and it is a year today that I had to have our dear little dog put to sleep, so full of the joys of spring I ain't
Mike

And quite understandable. :(
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #2518 on: Feb 15, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »
Switch on to the news to see how everyone coping in the storm, but Caroline Flack host of love island as killed her self. so all other news not being covered.     

Coastal

« Reply #2519 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:15:53 PM »
We've had two very brief power cuts today, literally a couple of minutes each which is fortunate, the first one and I was cooking my dinner with an electric cooker, the second one was when I was halfway through eating my tea  ;D 
Just gone again as I was typing this, so I'll have to wait for the wi-fi to reboot.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......