Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809552 times)

Coastal

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #4125 on: May 23, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »
Celebrating getting the electric back on, last night at about 19:30 I'd just started cooking my tea and there was a bang outside, the power went off (just mine) something had blown in a neighbours garden, he kindly let me run an extension lead off his outside socket to run my fridge/freezer overnight, so I watched a DVD on the laptop and had an early night (about 12ish) when the battery gave up  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4126 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:03 PM »
Worrying - most things can be worked around, but water and electricity?
 Yipes
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Walter

« Reply #4127 on: May 23, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
Today I will be at home again and doing the same as yesterday and the day before that the same again back to the end of February.

Going fishing Monday all being well with my son and grandkids , and with by fishing buddy next Saturday on the private lake we are members of opened again today.

Only 15 members a day can fish at a time pre-booked we  must keep an open peg each other, restricted to 6 hours from 10 am to 3pm only 

If we arrive at the lake after 10am security will not let you in, and must leave the car park by 3.30pm or be locked in and lose your membership

“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

biglouis

« Reply #4128 on: May 23, 2020, 01:59:02 PM »
Getting a pile of parcels ready for Royal Mail pickup, now done so I can relax and have lunch before picking and packing more orders. I try to work things so that I dont do any packing on a sunday.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Alex22

« Reply #4129 on: May 23, 2020, 02:06:50 PM »
I WAS going to paint the shed but it's still blowing a gale up here, so a reprieve.  TV this afternoon I suppose as it's far too windy to sit in the garden.

Walter

« Reply #4130 on: May 23, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »
Done my sheds already, mowed the lawn again yesterday mower never has time to cool down, later weed and feed the lawns, nice evening meal with her who must be obeyed , then settle down with a glass of wine to watch a film

I don't know how I do it such exciting times , I may report sick tomorrow with mild hysteria to get a day off :)   
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Jacqueline

« Reply #4131 on: May 23, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
Celebrating getting the electric back on, last night at about 19:30 I'd just started cooking my tea and there was a bang outside, the power went off (just mine) something had blown in a neighbours garden, he kindly let me run an extension lead off his outside socket to run my fridge/freezer overnight, so I watched a DVD on the laptop and had an early night (about 12ish) when the battery gave up  ;D

Hope your back on now, how can a survive without our leccy?  We had a power cut a couple of weeks ago, it went off when the dinner was half cooked, that got thrown away and we had sandwiches instead.  When it got dark we sat by the light of candles looking at eachother, once upon a time it could have been romantic!!  It came on about 10.30 first thing was a nice cup of coffee. 

sparky

« Reply #4132 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:49 PM »
Having lived in a village with overhead supplies, after suffering  the first power failure in the middle for winter, the purchase of a small 2 KW generator enough to run the heating, TV. Microwave, was a must. when starting it up the first time it was needed, all the automatic outside lights came blazing on. my neighbour thought I was rubbing it in, by showing I had power.

Alex22

« Reply #4133 on: May 23, 2020, 03:55:07 PM »

When it got dark we sat by the light of candles looking at eachother, once upon a time it could have been romantic!! 

I can relate to that Jacq  :):)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4134 on: May 23, 2020, 10:34:09 PM »
One of the good things when we had the campervan was that when we had a power cut we would walk across the yard and get in the van - it had a 4 ring hob, oven and fire all on Calor gas. That and the battery radio meant we were only mildly  inconvenienced, whereas as everything in the house, with the exception of one room with a gas fire is electric, without the van we would have a real problem. Thankfully, we don't seem to have had as many power cuts in the last few years, wherea 10 years and more ago we never got through a winter without several cuts
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #4135 on: May 24, 2020, 06:35:10 AM »
Good morning every one, on this rather gloomy morning. At least the gale force winds have moved on. Yesterday I did managed to get my lawns cut. The first thing I do in the morning is watch the news, which is pretty much doom and gloom for the conservative party at the moment. 22 days left of my 12 weeks in stay at home isolation. This could change as the R number seems to be stuck between 0.7 and 1. Taking Roxy out for her afternoon walk now getting a problem as the 2 meter separation rule now beginning to be ignored. After getting some cleaning done it will be back to golf theory education and exercise drills which comes with it, which pretty much covers all body parts. When I can play again I want to be fit and ready to go. Time now for Roxy walk. Bye all take care. 

granny moss

« Reply #4136 on: May 24, 2020, 07:36:51 AM »
Good morning  on a cloudy Sunday  :'( Just to let you know, I am still here :) ...I am still very low in morale, but improving slowly. Keeping away because I do not want to make miserable posts.....The virus ansiety has got hold of my thoughts and I must get back to been more optimistic....and if possible,visit the Forum when I am in a more serene state of mind. Take care out there as there are some stupid insensitive ignorant people about that do not follow the rules....This virus is a killer. I dearly love to keep well until I finish my Illustrated book.... :) !!!....Take care ! gmx   
PS. My avatar is of a child clown sleeping on the moon, holding a red baloon...for "Happiness" ! ! !  Have you noticed ? I did paint happy cards, because when Micky was with me, I was always happy...and he loved my paintings. I painted and made the Eurology card for the funeral of my sister in law. The funeral director (owner) and his daughter, liked the card so much they offered me a job !!! To do more cards for their clients ! :) Never worked for commissions. I was and still am " a free spirit..."  :) gmx

GrannyMac

« Reply #4137 on: May 24, 2020, 07:45:41 AM »
Yesterday, our daughter, son in law and granddaughter, with their dog, drove to our local park to have a walk. By coincidence, we were there at the same time. 😉 We hadn't seen them since the end of Feb.   We had a socially distanced stroll, and it was so lovely just to have a chat. 💞
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

klondike

« Reply #4138 on: May 24, 2020, 07:56:01 AM »
One of the good things when we had the campervan was that when we had a power cut we would walk across the yard and get in the van
We never had a power cut when we had a campervan and when a long one came in winter because of a substation fire we had nothing. We went to the local KFC to eat and spent quite a while over eating as it was warm in there. I bought one of those small cheap single ring gas things. We've never needed it though but now you mention it I may no longer have gas as I bought a little gas weed burner and may have used it all up. Must check.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Hugh

« Reply #4139 on: May 24, 2020, 07:57:30 AM »
Good morning Granny Moss its lovely people like you, keeps me active on the forum. The lock down effecting people in very different ways. I am fortunate to have large garden and a nephew next door who does my main shop. My love of golf although not being allowed to play, the time off is allowing me to get rid of all bad habits, and I will return to golf a far better player and be fitter. No I will not allow the lock down to stop me enjoying life and my late wife Yvonne will be looking down saying good on you. :) :) :) :)