Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809575 times)

Walter

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #4170 on: May 27, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
Been really warm today - 30C in the lounge which is just too hot for me - even with two fans blasting over me I actually felt nauseous, so went into the garden and sat in the shade for an hour and a half. Just come back inside and it's still too hot for me in the lounge.
Mike

May I suggest you take a tip from those in the Med air the house in the morning when its cool , then close the doors and windows blinds orf curtains to keep the hot air and sunlight out, then open all when it gets cooler
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Coastal

« Reply #4171 on: May 27, 2020, 10:35:24 AM »
Well I thought I'd go for a walk then come home for some lunch just for a change
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Alex22

« Reply #4172 on: May 27, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »
I'm going to sit in the garden - just for a change :)  In the past I've thought of moving to a flat but always said I'd miss my garden.  With what's happened this year I'm so glad I'm still here with my garden to sit in.

mick607

« Reply #4173 on: May 27, 2020, 11:32:11 AM »
Window cleaning day today.

Sheila

« Reply #4174 on: May 27, 2020, 11:43:08 AM »
I'm going to sit in the garden - just for a change :)  In the past I've thought of moving to a flat but always said I'd miss my garden.  With what's happened this year I'm so glad I'm still here with my garden to sit in.

We also went to view a flat last year but I just couldn't imagine living there.  Our house is probably too big for us but at least we can sit in the garden and I can get away from football!

David G

« Reply #4175 on: May 27, 2020, 12:04:55 PM »
Sheila, take the advice of somebody who moved to a flat 14 years ago, me, don't move to a flat you'll wish you hadn't.
I was warned by a neighbour before I moved, and she turned out to be right, she'd lived in a flat. Unfortunately I've lived and learned..
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

granny moss

« Reply #4176 on: May 27, 2020, 12:08:09 PM »
I never liked to live in a flat....My home after micky passed away, was too large for  me. So I put a divan bed in the dining room.....and I had the shower/toilet downstairs. And a very pretty garden to enjoy !....Stay in your home for as long as you can. Just put a divan in a room downstairs. The wardrobes etc can stay where they are.....The stairs will exercise the legs when you need to get some of the things from your x bedroom....gmx

David G

« Reply #4177 on: May 27, 2020, 12:11:44 PM »
Absolutely right granny moss, if I could go back to a house I would but property round my way is so expensive.
I feel trapped :( ??? .
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Raven

« Reply #4178 on: May 27, 2020, 12:17:14 PM »
When I was still married and the kids were at home I lived in quite a big house with lots of stairs, I was running up n down them every day, often. After my divorce and the house went, I moved to a wee bungalow and I love it, but miss the house despite the bad memories. Since I stay up in Caithness a lot at Himself's farm, we live in the old Cattleman's Cottage and it's all on one level, the big Farmhouse still has Himself's parents in it. I don't want to move over to it, I think I'd hate the stairs these days.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4179 on: May 27, 2020, 12:24:08 PM »
I grew up in a flat. I won't rule one out in the future. Yesterday we walked round the park, there is a family of herons nesting on a little island in the lake. 

Today, I walked up to the local shop for a couple of bits while my OH mowed and edged our small lawn.  Actually, its grass, lawn sounds far too pretentious!  I'm now sitting in the shade enjoying the garden while he makes lunch. The honeysuckle smells lovely. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

David G

« Reply #4180 on: May 27, 2020, 12:30:19 PM »
The flat I live in has a residents committee, the politics of the place just don't work for me, but if it goes to a company to run the service charge will probably double. I can't win.

Jacqueline

« Reply #4181 on: May 27, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »
I lived in a flat for my first 18 years, but life was different then, no loud music or inconsiderate people.

I've lived in terraced, semi and detached houses, and would only ever consider a detached house or bungalow. My friend lived in a terrace with nice elderly neighbours, within a few years the old people died, their houses were broken up into flats and she landed up living next door to drug dealers and it was a reasonably nice area, so no guarantees.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4182 on: May 27, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »
Had a walk in the walk and a chat - distancing observed - with the friends who park their van in my yard - fed their dog with a treat - I know my place!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #4183 on: May 27, 2020, 02:24:08 PM »
I discovered that when hand-washing, the temperature of the water makes no difference..I was a bit surprised but we must always believe the experts mustn't we.. 8)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4184 on: May 27, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »
Experts? Well, the old definition of a has been under pressure......
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!