Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819505 times)

granny moss

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #4185 on: May 28, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »
One day Budda was sitting contemplating his navel...He began to unscrew it and his bottom fell off... :D Micky's favourite little funny story...came to my mind as I woke up this morning....Made me happy....and out there, the sun is up already !!! It is going to be a very enjoyable day for me !  Hope it is for you all, also... :)   gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4186 on: May 28, 2020, 07:48:40 AM »
Looks like another nce day weather wise, but still so frustrating to be locked down - OK, it's nobody's fault (except the Chinese) that the wretched virus hit us, but this isn't life - it's existence
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Walter

« Reply #4187 on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:55 AM »
I have a good wife, children and grandchild, good friends and neighbours. roof over my head , food in the cupboard we are not starving to death, I have my books, my garden music, I do not live in a land of  constant war and or pestilence under a despotic tyrant , or other brutal regime, which is more than many millions of people around the world can say.

A few more months or longer if need be of these restrictions is a doddle compared to the lot of the people of Syrian, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Somalia, Albania parts of Asia Brazil , China, North Korea etc   

Right that's over and done with another nice morning
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Hugh

« Reply #4188 on: May 28, 2020, 08:24:44 AM »
The lock down I cannot say its bothered me to much apart from treatment which I cannot get for my very painful knee. The only difference between being in lock down and out of it, I have to hit my little white balls into a practice net rather than round a golf course. In fact being in lock down as made me start studying the playing game on MEANDMYGOLF on line. Fitness wise I practice all the exercise drills which they demonstrate, and now I am back to a 12 stone healthy weight for me. The title of this thread is "What's everyone doing today" So my day starts after a couple of cups of tea, I take Roxy for a morning walk. On return a cup of coffee and check on line to see what interesting being said on the PF. In the mean time my bedding being washed. Soon be time for me to get down the garden for some golf practice. I think you will guess by now how the rest of my day will be filled. Certainly be keeping my eye on the news to see what changes to the lock down being made.       

Walter

« Reply #4189 on: May 28, 2020, 08:37:31 AM »
Coffee for my start to the day then a short stroll to get my newspaper and lottery tickets which I do everyday anyway.

As for how people behave outside in lockdown , we went fishing at a local lake within 5 mins walk on Monday it was like Piccadilly Circus every screaming child in Barnet with their parents were walking or cycling past you , people stood behind you asking silly questions such as are their fish in this lake , feeding the ducks, throws sticks into the lake for their dogs to fetch, groups of youths, drinking beer smoking cannabis , it was bedlam we gave up and got the hell out of there.
“If you're going through hell, keep going.”

Sheila

« Reply #4190 on: May 28, 2020, 09:20:04 AM »
The battery on the car is suffering so we drove down the motorway (about 20 minutes) and went to Meols.  It is on the River Mersey but quieter than New Brighton.  There were not many people there so we went for a walk along the embankment and had an envious look at the lovely houses overlooking the river.  Some of them had lovely balconies and a few were up for sale but out of our price range.  If we had to pass anyone, there was a considerate shuffle and smile so we felt quite safe.

OH is on the rowing machine at the moment.  I have felt my legs becoming weaker from not walking as much as usual so I restarted one of the exercises that I did on a (very good) pulmonary rehabilitation course.  Cross your arms across your chest and stand up and sit down on the edge of the bed.  I think I'll dig out the instructions from the course and do them all in the garden every day.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugh

« Reply #4191 on: May 28, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »
I have just had my golf practice down the garden, and I am soaking with sweat. Early in the day but enjoying a cold can of fosters before I have a shower. Not going to let the lock down stop me enjoying life. 

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4192 on: May 28, 2020, 12:22:21 PM »
Back from my daily walk. High point of the walk was being confused with his humans by a small spaniel carrying a large stick. Probably a reincarnation of Teddy Roosevelt
Mike

Coastal

« Reply #4193 on: May 28, 2020, 10:36:14 PM »
Well as I live in Wales I can't travel to get my exercise, but as I was going shopping I parked by the lake and walked to Shaky Bridge and back, only 4.4 miles but with the heat and the hills it felt like a lot more.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

granny moss

« Reply #4194 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:37 AM »
Today, Sainsburys delivered my order. All the items I ordered were available. No substitutes !!!!!  My daughter, at 4pm, had an order delivered by Tesco about £100.00 and everything she ordered was available. Again, no substitutes.!!! Will it last ?  I love ordering on line. No hassle in car parks etc. I have a Blue badge, but seldom need to use it.  My bus pass is redundant. I have finished the greeting cards and anniversary card for my daughter. Today I will carry on illustrating my book. Life is good. gmx

zoony

« Reply #4195 on: May 29, 2020, 08:11:14 PM »
I drove into town on this beautiful sunny day and it was like On The Beach..Weirdly quiet and almost deserted..Made my way to a 5-storey public building and after a couple of tries, got in. Shouted to a very distant and frowning receptionist, who pointed at the lift and shouted "2", and I went up in the lift to 2". Place empty until a voice called and I met a lovely nurse who did the leg stuff in 10 minutes and gave me lots of dressing goodies as I left. I made my way back through the deserted (almost) building and across the hot car park, eventually got out and enjoyed a quiet drive home..All very strange.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #4196 on: May 29, 2020, 08:55:39 PM »
I went on one of my usual walks, down to Disserth then across the fields to Holly Lane and back home, about 3½ miles in total, I was fine until I came across five cows in a field, had I seen them before I entered the field I would have turned back, I was half way across when I saw them heading towards me (I didn't hang about) fortunately I got to the gate before they did, I think they were just being inquisitive but I wasn't hanging around to find out. 
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4197 on: May 29, 2020, 10:20:40 PM »
Trying not to melt!
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #4198 on: May 30, 2020, 07:57:12 AM »
It is another beautiful day ....and I shall try to be occupied doing things that give me pleasure...Have to make a list, first, so that I can then thick them off as I accomplish them... :D :D :D gmx

klondike

« Reply #4199 on: May 30, 2020, 09:48:26 AM »
I think I'd hate the stairs these days.
This house is two storey. It also has a boarded out loft area with a staircase to it and a cellar. There is rarely a day I don't have some need to visit all levels and often repeatedly. I think it's one reason I love spending most of the summer at the caravan. Mind you that's a short flight of steps from ground level.
So long and thanks for all the fish