Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809851 times)

zoony

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #4620 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:59:17 PM »
Well I'm dead happy. Two squirrels showed up today. One shy and a bit skinny, the other big and bold so I'm figuring they're the same two born earlier in the year who had the same characteristics. At least they're both still alive and together...I  like to think.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #4621 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:58:23 PM »
That's nice for you Zoony. Red or Grey? Are you going to feed the skinny one up so it gets through the Winter OK?  8)

zoony

« Reply #4622 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:15:58 PM »
They're greys but I'm not prejudiced..I'll feed 'em both up for the winter but I'll find some fatty treats for the puny one. Just relieved to see them again as it's been a while.

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #4623 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:32:08 PM »
I see both red and grey in the forest, they run up a tree as soon as they see Dageus and make these wee screechy noises at him lol.

zoony

« Reply #4624 on: Jun 30, 2020, 10:15:46 PM »
I'm not surprised...I'd run too if I saw a hairy, slavering monster 20 times my size looking at me like dinner.. ;D

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #4625 on: Jun 30, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
Well I've done exactly what I've been doing for the last few days, and that's nothing in particular, my hip/leg problem has reoccurred, It has been suggested that sciatica could be the problem, my pain is mainly in the hip area and down to the knee, very painful and paracetamol doesn't seem to make any difference, it hurts like hell and almost impossible to get any comfort, simple tasks like putting my socks or shoes on are a challenge, I can bend over and I can bend my knee, but both together no way.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

biglouis

« Reply #4626 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:18:03 PM »
We had crispy duck sent in by deliveroo and it was a great success. Far too much for two people so there is enough for lunch tomorrow.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4627 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:20:40 PM »
Managed to cut the front grass, but now a problem with the mower. Waiting for a call back = obviously not tonight!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Jacqueline

« Reply #4628 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »
Well I've done exactly what I've been doing for the last few days, and that's nothing in particular, my hip/leg problem has reoccurred, It has been suggested that sciatica could be the problem, my pain is mainly in the hip area and down to the knee, very painful and paracetamol doesn't seem to make any difference, it hurts like hell and almost impossible to get any comfort, simple tasks like putting my socks or shoes on are a challenge, I can bend over and I can bend my knee, but both together no way.

You have my sympathy Coastal, same thing has happened to me my last years leg injury has flaired up again together with lower back arthritis and what you describe as sciatica, blooming painful and difficult to know what to do to get comfortable.  I did manage a small walk but had to use my walking stick.  As you say paracetamol doesn't seem to work, but I was told you need to take them four times a day for a couple of days before they are really effective.  I do hope you get better soon, miserable business isn't it?

zoony

« Reply #4629 on: Jun 30, 2020, 11:39:48 PM »
Co-Codamol (DF118) always helped me but the docs are reluctant to prescribe it because, naturally, all us oldies are codeine addicts..

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #4630 on: Jul 01, 2020, 12:34:16 AM »
One of my problems is that I'm on Statins, Thyroxin and Warfarin, so anything other than Paracetamol and I have to check first, due to the Warfarin I can't even take Asprin, and to be honest I don't want to add to the list unless it's absolutely necessary.

As for takeaways, I've NEVER had one delivered, and following all the recent ads, what type of food is Wagga-something?
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

granny moss

« Reply #4631 on: Jul 01, 2020, 07:04:12 AM »
Painful leg has kept me prisoner for more than 4 years...at first I could not walk at all. I am allergic to pain killers....and used so many creams and lotions to no avail. Amazon did well out of me....I now go to a chiropodist and have regular massage. Started going every week, then forthnightly and now every three weeks. Eventually I shall go once a month for maintenance...I can only go because Jenny is taking me. A taxi there and back would be £50..... :'( :'( Living out in the country is not always the best....I have a walking stick, very strong metal ! Made in Scotland. It is height adjustable. Then I have a wheelchair for outings...used once ! as it needs someone to take me out in it.... a Zimmer.... :'( My best item is a "Rollator" It is a pushing 4 wheeled item, with a seat and handbrakes. It is amazing and I can walk with it ANYWHERE !  Also, apart from taking most of my weight, it allows me to walk with little pain. It also exercises my leg muscles...I would NOT be without it ! gmx    ps. I do not take any pain killers. I do take 1.25mg tiny tablet of Bisoporol Fumarate..to prevent blood cloths. The doctor said, I'll give you Warfarin to take. I said: I am not a rat.! You take it ! So I have been on this dose and keep away from doctors as much as possible. ;)

granny moss

« Reply #4632 on: Jul 01, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
Read several posts this morning...I am now suitably depressed.... Need something cheerful to happen .....May be the weather will improve ? Have a nice day...gmx :D

Scrumpy

« Reply #4633 on: Jul 01, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »

Dentist today.. My filling has broken away and though it doesn't give me any pain at the moment I know that it is sitting there waiting for the right (night) time..

The dentist will carry out temporary work on it.. They will not let you use their toilet..
I feel for those who are nervous when visiting the dentist.. :o
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #4634 on: Jul 01, 2020, 09:57:26 AM »
Seems to be plenty of aches and pains about and I can add to it.   I'm assuming it's arthritis, but I thought that came on gradually and not like in 36 hours  ?   Anyway, hopefully today will be a brighter day, we could all do with a bit of sunshine.