Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809384 times)

Jacqueline

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #4845 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »
B-I-L came round for an hour which was great, then went for petrol and the butcher, and a drive around for an hour. Got home, putting my jacket away, and there were Veronica's clothes sitting there and the 'black dog' descended with a vengeance. Not a good day
Mike

Just one thing like that can really have an impact on you, brings all the feelings and grief pouring out, I feel for you Mike.  I've not had a good day either I really feel for you.

Sheila

« Reply #4846 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »
I've just made a face mask from a pillow case.  I didn't have any decent elastic so improvised with my granddaughter's bobbles.  We have both tried it on and it seems to be ok.

I'll make some more as I suppose we will go out and mix with people eventually.  I had another phone call checking that I am ok so feel quite happy about the way I am being checked on.  I have several emergency phone numbers from various people.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4847 on: Jul 14, 2020, 08:54:39 PM »

Just one thing like that can really have an impact on you, brings all the feelings and grief pouring out, I feel for you Mike.  I've not had a good day either I really feel for you.
I feel for you too, ma’am
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #4848 on: Jul 14, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »
Chris came around for the evening. We had an all day breakfast and a bottle of wine between us.

Ive had a stream of people contacting me from the "event" in the USA. Some of them were cheeky and asked for 50% discounts. I had a paste in message for them:-
"Imagine how you would feel if your boss only offered you 50% of your pay on the grounds that was all you were worth to him/her. Pretty disrespected and insulted I imagine."
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #4849 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:22:13 AM »
Have you done your direct-to-camera piece?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #4850 on: Jul 15, 2020, 09:36:38 AM »

I am dressed in old jeans and T-shirt ready to attack the shed and throw out all the crap that accumulated over the years..

The other day I put some heavy duty tools at the gate ... a water sprinkler and a couple of those quickie bbq things... They were gone within the hour.. Much easier then me taking them to the tip..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

mick607

« Reply #4851 on: Jul 15, 2020, 11:19:45 AM »
Off to Spoon's shortly, VAT reduction on food & some real ales reduced to £1.29 a pint, what's not to like ?Went in to one of our favourite cafes yesterday for a cup of tea, pre lockdown was £1 a mug now they are trying to charge £1.35p a mug an increase og 35%, told em to stuff it.

Raven

« Reply #4852 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:15:02 PM »
Just waiting for the girls to arrive. Once a month I met my girlfriends for a pub lunch and a gossip catchup. None of us feel ready to return to the pub so today we're having lunch here. I've made Ploughman's Lunches for us and and a few jugs of non alcoholic mix up to drink. Nice day so we'll have lunch out in the garden.

Scrumpy

« Reply #4853 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »

Just finished sorting some of the crap in shed.. Dustmen come tomorrow so I had to move quickly.. Hid some of the rubbish in a black sack at the bottom of the wheelie bin..
It will take a few weeks .. but then, so will my shed..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #4854 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:17:38 PM »

Hey Raven.. Enjoy your day.. It's been so long coming..

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4855 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:38:59 PM »
Another wish for a good day for you and your friends, Raven
Mike

Raven

« Reply #4856 on: Jul 15, 2020, 04:42:10 PM »
Thanks Guys, Had a grand reunion, and I'm all caught up and gossiped out. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4857 on: Jul 15, 2020, 04:59:49 PM »
great to hear!
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #4858 on: Jul 15, 2020, 05:09:38 PM »
Glad you had a good time Raven , there's nothing like a good catch up with  'the girls '
It's been really miserable here today, drizzling rain for most of the day, so I've stayed at home.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4859 on: Jul 15, 2020, 05:11:41 PM »
Spent 20 minutes trying to uproot the weeds I have allowed to take over the patio area - shattered!
Mike