Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 819384 times)

GrannyMac

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #5265 on: Aug 13, 2020, 02:22:59 PM »
Did a morning shop at 7 am.. Needed to get it done before it gets any hotter..
 Hot sticky nights .. unbearable.. It always reminds me of the film The Heat of the Night.. Rod Steiger and Sidney Poitier..

""" They call me Mr Tibbs """  great line from a great film,

I remember seeing that the first time.  What an eye opener it was for me, I agree, great film.  Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger, two greats IMO.

I went shopping early too, but the day so far has remained cool.  Just my luck, I bought a new tower fan yesterday!   Apart from watching bits of snooker, I'm trying to finish a 1000 piece jigsaw thats been on the dining room table for a forthight now.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #5266 on: Aug 13, 2020, 05:20:54 PM »
I just finished watching a virtual walking tour of Venice. From the santa Lucia railway station and back. It took 3 hours !!! :D I am going now to get some thing to eat and a nice glass of Barolo... :D gmx ps. sometimes life can be hard.... :D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5267 on: Aug 13, 2020, 05:21:47 PM »
But someone has to do it!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #5268 on: Aug 13, 2020, 05:37:24 PM »
Duraglit (the old fashioned wadding type) works a treat at polishing up old celluloid, bakelite and plastic and can disguise surface scratches if they are not too deep.
Toothpaste works for scratches too. Jeweller's rouge probably would but toothpaste is nearer to hand.
So long and thanks for all the fish

biglouis

« Reply #5269 on: Aug 14, 2020, 12:14:08 AM »
Got up from my late afternoon snooze to find it much cooler and more refreshing tonight.  I wonder if the cats and foxes will be "at it" again later.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5270 on: Aug 14, 2020, 04:14:18 AM »
Hoping that the weather will be less humid

granny moss

« Reply #5271 on: Aug 14, 2020, 11:12:28 AM »
I just finished some line drawings of stick figures.  Mainly of children holding heart shaped baloons or flowers. ..and a couple of whismical animals...I was surprised how difficult it has been for me to get the right expression in the faces of my little stick people !!!!

It is only an oval, with two dots and a short line for a mouth...I wanted expressions, and it took ages of rubbin off and try again. I have managed in the end. But one cat was difficult to give it a smug smile expression while hoilding a fourleave clower in his mouth and eyes closed with the nose a bit up in the air !!! I create this cartoons and they seem to come to life...
Taking a rest with a nice cup of coffe....The thunder from the storm, was like the bombs i remember.... Have a nice day. gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5272 on: Aug 14, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
Glad to say it is a good bit cooler and fresher
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #5273 on: Aug 14, 2020, 12:54:45 PM »
While I was waiting for the Tesco delivery I did one of those sh**t jobs which I loathe but has to be done. Huge pile of cardboard boxes had mounted up - not really suitable for sending stuff out to customers as too big/wrong size/not strong enough etc. They all needed to be cut up and put into the blue bin. What I do is dump them in a corner of the garden to be rained on until they go nice and soggy so they can be torn up by hand. A boring job but the pile is now much depleted.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

mick607

« Reply #5274 on: Aug 14, 2020, 01:33:29 PM »
While I was waiting for the Tesco delivery I did one of those sh**t jobs which I loathe but has to be done. Huge pile of cardboard boxes had mounted up - not really suitable for sending stuff out to customers as too big/wrong size/not strong enough etc. They all needed to be cut up and put into the blue bin. What I do is dump them in a corner of the garden to be rained on until they go nice and soggy so they can be torn up by hand. A boring job but the pile is now much depleted.
Throw them over the Gupta's fence next door, they will find a use for them no doubt.

Ode Iron

« Reply #5275 on: Aug 14, 2020, 01:42:16 PM »
A nice HMO for the rubber ferry gang!
Son home today...spooky what he is telling me. Shops and Offices closing at a Steve Austin rate....applications to turn them into migrant accomadation is rushed through. I have noticed in Dublin 'roughoes' standing outside officeblocks...not on a smoke break..the can of Tennants and dog on a string made me notice.
I went through all 350 pages of the UN's Agenda 21 last night...which was signed and agreed by Britain in Brazil in 2015.
Putting migrants and the poor up in Hotels...is meeting exactly the requirements the UK signed off...on.
Masks are muzzles

granny moss

« Reply #5276 on: Aug 14, 2020, 02:28:41 PM »
Empty cardboard boxes are seized by gangs, selling them for £80 pounds a ton....In the bbc News....gmx

Alex22

« Reply #5277 on: Aug 14, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »
Had another trip downstairs on my bum, I made some coffee and toast and just sat in the kitchen for a while, just for a change of scene really.   It's difficult bringing stuff back upstairs so I've used a plastic carrier bag with a cotton dressing gown cord tied to it, the said dressing gown cord is then tied around my neck, leaving both hands free 😃

Nobody here to take a photo unfortunately...….. or rather fortunately 😃😀
Weather is better, there's a gentle breeze coming through the bedroom window.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5278 on: Aug 14, 2020, 05:51:42 PM »
Alex.. Just imagine getting back upstairs to realise that the main thing you went down for you had forgotten..!!!

I really feel for you.. A real bummer.. I am pleased that your weather is cooler..  Chin up.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5279 on: Aug 14, 2020, 06:08:18 PM »
I have an uneasy feeling that something is wrong - I'm not flopped out on the settee quietly melting and moaning!
Mike