Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809727 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6300 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:50:13 AM »
Still wading through papers pertaining to the sale of Sheila’s house. Started bit before five, a good few hours still to go
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6301 on: Oct 18, 2020, 12:20:24 PM »
stopped for lunch. For some reason feel totally shattered. May just put my feet up for this afternoon
mike

Hugh

« Reply #6302 on: Oct 18, 2020, 01:19:56 PM »
Just had my lunch a bacon butty and a cup of home made soup. My little dog telling me its time for her afternoon walk so better get my shoes and coat on. She will give me no peace till I do.

crabbyob

« Reply #6303 on: Oct 18, 2020, 01:23:58 PM »
i just had my lunch, curried chicken and boiled rice, the indian version of curry....mmmm
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6304 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:33:10 PM »
Just had my lunch a bacon butty and a cup of home made soup. My little dog telling me its time for her afternoon walk so better get my shoes and coat on. She will give me no peace till I do.
I know, or rather knew, the feeling
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #6305 on: Oct 18, 2020, 08:19:52 PM »
I had a grandstand view (via the new camera) of Mrs Gunga Din telling off one of the Pakistani ladies today. I could hear their raised voices but not their actual words. Then Mr Gunga Din came out and he was mooching around like a tame sheepdog. Its Mrs Gunga Din who wears the trousers. Eventually a young Asian man appeared (probably Pakistani lady's husband or relative) and Mrs Gunga Din had a go at him. He wasnt having any of it, turned his back on her and squared up to Mr Gunga Din. Mr Gunga Din made conciliatory gestures and the Pakistani couple departed.

Have no idea what it was about but 10 minutes of free entertainment. That little camera has a birds eye view right down the street and is hiding in a discreet little corner just above the garage door. You need to come right up to see it.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

crabbyob

« Reply #6306 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:26:57 PM »
to be ethnically correct Gunga Din is a hindu name
who wouldnt much like talking to [censored]'s
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #6307 on: Oct 18, 2020, 09:55:36 PM »
I've witnessed that at first hand while getting a lift from an Indian I worked with driving through Slough. If I said in public the sort of thing he did in his car I'd be banged up.

I say Indian. In truth he wasn't. He was the child of Ugandan Asians who got the bums rush from Idi Amin and went to Canada where he was brought up before he came here for some reason. When his father died they all wanted to go to India - I think to scatter his ashes in the Ganges or something like that. As he'd never been there he had to have several injections and get certificates to say he'd had them before he could go. He was there maybe 2 or 3 weeks and picked up some diabolical lurgy or other. He had ages off on sick leave when he came back and when he did finally turn up he looked like death walking. He needed lessons on India from you crabby.
So long and thanks for all the fish

granny moss

Re : What is everyone doing today ?
« Reply #6308 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:46:38 AM »
I  will try to dress the Angel that will go on top of the Christmas tree..... I have plenty of pretty lace and ribbons...Stephen will be pleased, as the doll is the one that was used on the tree, when he was a small boy !......gmx

granny moss

Re: What is everyone doing today ?
« Reply #6309 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:51:18 AM »
Please Note.  It would be nice if the topics discussed could reflect the subject indicated by the Title.   Sometimes it gets a bit confusing. Sorry to be a
nuisance, but it would help a lot.   No wish to offend anyone. Just a thought.  Thank you. gmx

Took the liberty of correcting the Title of this topic.  :D   gmx

Hugh

« Reply #6310 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:55:18 AM »
Got to go to the health centre this morning for a blood test, I had one last week but for some reason or other they want a second one. I expect my red blood cells have gone on holiday again :)  This is a sign of blood cancer but it quite often happens to me, when the red cell drop in numbers. Not going to worry about it. Having to inject my self every 4 days to help my white blood cells. The consultant quite surprise that I am so fit and healthy.

klondike

Re: What is everyone doing today ?
« Reply #6311 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »
Please Note.  It would be nice it the topics discussed could reflect the subject indicated by the Title.   Sometimes it gets a bit confusing. Sorry to be a
nuisance, but it would help a lot.   No wish to offend anyone. Just a thought.  Thank you. gmx

Took the liberty of correcting the Title of this topic.  :D   gmx
Criticism noted. In future I will confine my posts in this thread to "sitting at my computer typing".
So long and thanks for all the fish

granny moss

« Reply #6312 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:04:27 AM »
Sorry, Klondike....your reply is quite obscure to me......I :D :D :D   Anyhow, have a very enjoyable day.....do not fret....we may all of us survive for a little while longer.... :'( gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6313 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »
Going into the post office for the first time since lockdown began to post a file regarding my sister's house, the file being too big to be digitalised, to my solicitor. Hopefully, there won't be many other people there.
Mike

biglouis

« Reply #6314 on: Oct 19, 2020, 12:22:58 PM »
Fedex man just collected parcels for the USA so I have locked the gate behind him. No one else is coming up my path today. Thinking of an early lunch then some orders to pick for tomorrow.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.