Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809546 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6360 on: Oct 21, 2020, 09:36:58 AM »
Dull, but at least it is daylight and damp
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #6361 on: Oct 21, 2020, 09:47:25 AM »
I got up and it seemed to be the middle of the night...It was so dark !  As I had a refund from M & S....I immediately spent about the same ammount in buying a set of nice food containers from Lakeland....Mine are looking a bit disgusting and quite unhygenic....Then, for the rest of the day, I will endevour to really spoil myself.... ??? Any interesting suggestions ?  :D gmx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6362 on: Oct 21, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »
My spoliation generally centres around gin and red wine!
Mike

Raven

« Reply #6363 on: Oct 21, 2020, 12:17:02 PM »
My spoliation generally centres around gin and red wine!
Mike

Mine around choccy and a dvd....since lockdown anyway.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6364 on: Oct 21, 2020, 12:20:08 PM »
Must admit to eating and drinking more during this madness - put on half a stone and can't summon up the willpower to do anything about
Mike

Raven

« Reply #6365 on: Oct 21, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »
Must admit to eating and drinking more during this madness - put on half a stone and can't summon up the willpower to do anything about
Mike

Bet it's next Spring before you feel the need. ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6366 on: Oct 21, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »
Very probably, ma'am
Mike

zoony

« Reply #6367 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
It's suddenly gone awfully dark and the breeze has died but there's a squirrel sitting a few feet away who seems unconcerned so.. ;D ;D  He/she just got caught as the downpour came and is fleeing along the fence-tops toward home as fast as paws can go..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #6368 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »
Stop raining so manage to get out in the garden and fill the brown bin with garden waste ready for collection tomorrow. Did not need to get dressed up to take my little dog for her afternoon walk. For my evening meal I think it will be mushroom and tomato omelet and chips.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6369 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »
Ioften wonder what heavy rain must feel like to small animals. Imagine you are the size of a mouse and the like in heavy rain. What must the impact of individual raindrops feel like?
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #6370 on: Oct 21, 2020, 08:30:14 PM »
It is a sad day for me...Just had a 'phone call to tell me that my last friend I had (of my age) has passed away on Friday. She missed her 100 birthday only by 4 days....Apparently she had a fall getting out of bed,she was rushed to hospital and that was that... I have an alarm bracelet and I am to press the button if I fall....But I always use my stick or my zimmer when I walk about in the room. Always take care.  I am now left with one male friend, and he keeps falling in the house....because he does not use the walking stick....passes out and when he gets up he is bleeding and bruised....I keep telling him to be careful....gmx

biglouis

« Reply #6371 on: Oct 21, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »
Sorry to her about your old friend. A reminder that we are all mortal.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #6372 on: Oct 21, 2020, 09:12:48 PM »
Ioften wonder what heavy rain must feel like to small animals. Imagine you are the size of a mouse and the like in heavy rain. What must the impact of individual raindrops feel like?
Mike

We share the habit of pointless contemplation Mike.. I do a lot of critter and bird watching through my big window and their behaviour is sometimes illogical until I factor in instinct.. They're all beautifully designed to withstand our normal weather conditions but I think their biggest problem, that many seem to be adapting to, some not so much, is our society becoming ever more noisy and polluted almost 24 hours a day..The differences under lockdown were immediate and obvious..Birdsong increased but volume levels were lower for example.. Not only locally of course nor only land-based.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6373 on: Oct 22, 2020, 03:56:02 AM »
Granny, so sorry to hear about your friend. As the oldest, at just 83!, of my tranche of siblings, cousins, etc., I have already lost all those who were within eight years or so of me. Just a few whippsnappers in their sixties and seventies left
Mike

granny moss

« Reply #6374 on: Oct 22, 2020, 08:44:54 AM »
Thank you. gmx

Had a very impersonal letter today, from my surgery's manager.   Signed in print form....Apparently after at least 4 years, they discovered that I am on their list of patients.... I shall not bother to book an appointment with one of their Health persons....

.I will try and take care of myself, and if I should feel ill, I will follow the advice I was given by the paramedics I saw last.  They said: Do not bother with calling a doctor...ring 999 and we will arrive and take care of you.

I have called 999 several times, and found them so very kind.  They know when to take one to emergency hospital, or leave you to got to A & E  when you are ready.  When I fell and broke my wrist, they allowed me to finish my supper, and then Micky took me to the Emergency Dept.

I trust them, while the doctors at the surgery leave me very unimpressed.   They are nice but do nothing ! A total waste of time. gmx