Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809825 times)

Scrumpy

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6375 on: Oct 22, 2020, 09:14:05 AM »

Take care Granny Moss.... xx

It is beautiful sunshine here.. Hattie (grandaughter) will be here soon to cut the top of my hedges..  A bacon butty will be on the cards.. and a couple of bob no doubt..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #6376 on: Oct 22, 2020, 09:16:57 AM »
all donations gratefully received, but i am in a hindu house so no bacon...
off to Tesco super-store at some point, that might be the highlight of my day
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #6377 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:29:57 AM »
For the first time in years went up into our loft to look for some thing. Very fortunate because I found a small leak although the carpet and wood floor had stopped it doing any damage It would have done in time. Now waiting to see how much the repair will cost. May claim off my house insurance if its to high.

Traveller

« Reply #6378 on: Oct 22, 2020, 11:15:02 AM »
Decided to phone my health centre yesterday to see if they could prescribe anything for my gout(?).  Spoke to a very nice sounding doc who said he would prescribe Colchicine - which is primarily for curing gout.  Then he phoned me back to say that diarrhea  was a common side effect.  Then he phoned again to ask me to come in today for a blood test to see if I actually had gout as it could be difficult to diagnose positively.

I collected the prescription and the instructions simply said 1 three times a day until symptoms subside.
I checked online with the NHS and NICE and it seems that Colchicine is usually given for very short periods and can be fatal in overdose. 

NICE recommend that the entire course should be max. 12 tablets over 3 to 6 days.  NHS said it was generally only used for a few days or until vomiting or diarrhea  occurred.  Wonderful - and if you accidentally take too many, you should go to A&E immediately.

To cap it all, this morning the health centre phoned to say that I couldn't have a blood test today as there were no nurses in on duty. 
You'll have had your tea.

granny moss

« Reply #6379 on: Oct 22, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
See what I mean.?......gmx

klondike

« Reply #6380 on: Oct 22, 2020, 02:01:52 PM »
From what I recall of my father's gout (in his hands) there were 3 possible drugs with a 4th  which hadn't been adopted by the NHS. He had problems with all three and went private to get the 4th but that too didn't suit him. It made his life a misery and I think it may have contributed to his death. He had a stroke and I don't think he had the reserves to make any sort of fight of it. The following day he was dead.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Coastal

« Reply #6381 on: Oct 22, 2020, 03:04:42 PM »
I'm recovering from a nasty shock, I've just bought some new "shoes" (not boots but mainly for walking) I was hoping to spend around the £40 to £60 mark but realised it was going to be more like £100, as I require a wide fitting there's not so much choice, I've just ended up paying £149.99  :o  (I know some will pay that for a tee shirt but it's a first for me)
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Traveller

« Reply #6382 on: Oct 22, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
I've got a nice pair of 'Ecco' shoes that cost almost that much, though mainly I buy my walking / casual shoes in outdoor wear shops (or outlet centres).  I go for ones with 'Vibram' soles - they last for ages and then the 'uppers' wear out.  I've got a  pair of 'Peter Storm' boots and Mrs. T has  'Merrell' shoes  for our  walking.

Coastal

« Reply #6383 on: Oct 22, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »
These are called Meindl Rapide's with Gore-Tex and look something like heavy duty trainers, I bought them from a little sports shop in Brecon.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

crabbyob

« Reply #6384 on: Oct 22, 2020, 06:30:49 PM »
i too reqire extra wide, theres not much choice out there
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6385 on: Oct 22, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
Just watched the evening descend from gloomy to pitch black in the space of 10 minutes
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #6386 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »

You are right so Michael.. I popped outside around 5 pm just to sweep the path... between ads on the tv... When I looked out again it was dark..

The sun is up and it's a beautiful day.. I am getting out in the fresh air today tidying the garden.. between coffee break and doing washing..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6387 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:11:22 AM »
We've got rain again - fifth day in succession and the fourteenth in October so far
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6388 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:13:21 AM »
whoops - I lied - only the 13th day of rain in October so far
Mike

Traveller

« Reply #6389 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:40:54 AM »
Yesterday, after cancelling my appointment,  the health centre offered me a blood test at 8 am this morning - a bit early I said.  Then they offered me Monday.  Fine, but the doc. is trying to find out if I actually have gout or something else.  Finally they offered  1.15pm today.   Not too bad, and mrs T can pop into Tesco while we're in town.  However, the samples go down to Aberdeen for analysis, so the doc. wont see the results till Monday.
With any luck, some ibuprofin, an ice pack and rest will improve matters over the weekend.

Other than that, we're waiting to hear what "wee Jimmy's"  5 tier lockup plans are.  Speculation is that tiers 2,3 & 4 will correspond to the English tiers 1,2&3  with tier 1 reserved for uninhabited islands in the middle of the ocean, and tier 5 where there will be armed guards outside eveyone's house to stop them escaping.