Author Topic: What's everone doing today?  (Read 809363 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: What's everone doing today?
« Reply #6420 on: Oct 26, 2020, 09:22:07 AM »
Without warning me, Veronica once took a plastic container out of the freezer and put in the fridge to defrost overnight. Next morning I opened the fridge door and found in the way of what I wanted. Pulled it out one-handed to find it much heavier than I expected and slippery with defrosted ice. A pint of more of soup goes a long way - especially over the kitchen floor. Fortunately, Fleur was still asleep, or she would doubtless have been paddling in it.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #6421 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:05:06 AM »

I think my lunch has cheese in it..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Coastal

« Reply #6422 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:27:50 AM »
I think my lunch has cheese in it..

Hopefully no chalk?

I'm doing what I did yesterday, not a lot, some washing (I live alone so where does it all come from?) and a walk before dinner time weather permitting, also it's rubbish day tomorrow so have to put that out later (but that won't kill much time) so the usual overdose of telly  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Jacqueline

« Reply #6423 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:32:01 AM »
The same as yesterday and the day before, lockdown!!!!!!!!

klondike

« Reply #6424 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
Is it stopping them moving unconventionally arriving migrants to Penally do you know?
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #6425 on: Oct 26, 2020, 10:49:34 AM »
Is it stopping them moving unconventionally arriving migrants to Penally do you know?

i don't know, but they are sneaking them in at night apparently.   According to lockdown rules nobody should be moved across the country, but one law for us another for them.

Diasi

« Reply #6426 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »

i don't know, but they are sneaking them in at night apparently.   According to lockdown rules nobody should be moved across the country, but one law for us another for them.

Good news, it's official, there are no illegal immigrants in Penally.

https://bit.ly/3mixuYQ
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6427 on: Oct 26, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »
Oh, that’s alright then. So you enter illegally, then claim asylum, so now your illegal entry is no longer illegal
Anyone know where Alice left the bloody looking glass?
M

zoony

« Reply #6428 on: Oct 26, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »
Damn weather!.. It's been quickly going from lashing rain to beautiful sunshine all morning..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #6429 on: Oct 26, 2020, 12:39:18 PM »
Good news, it's official, there are no illegal immigrants in Penally.
https://bit.ly/3mixuYQ
Goodbye to your piracy charges then Diasi - This is because a refugee, who has presented himself to the UK authorities without delay, showed good cause for his entry or presence and has made a claim for asylum as soon as was reasonably practicable, is afforded protection in law from offences connected with that entry.

It seems that just like heathen sinners can be converted to good Christians by ducking them in a barrel of water pirates entering the country illegally can become lawful asylum seekers by saying the correct words as advised by a taxpayer funded lawyer. As the late Paul Daniels would have said "That's magic".
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6430 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:03:43 PM »
That’s a bloody nerve!
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #6431 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »
Goodbye to your piracy charges then Diasi - This is because a refugee, who has presented himself to the UK authorities without delay, showed good cause for his entry or presence and has made a claim for asylum as soon as was reasonably practicable, is afforded protection in law from offences connected with that entry.

It seems that just like heathen sinners can be converted to good Christians by ducking them in a barrel of water pirates entering the country illegally can become lawful asylum seekers by saying the correct words as advised by a taxpayer funded lawyer. As the late Paul Daniels would have said "That's magic".

Clever way of using the law to get rid of the illegal immigrant problem.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6432 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:09:01 PM »
So if I, as an illegal entrant, bash in the head of someone who tries to apprehend me, and then claim asylum, all is hunky dory?
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #6433 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:09:57 PM »
And a 58 year old lady who refused to move from Penally gates to let the dogooder/welcome committee occupy the spot gets arrested.  UK justice sucks!

Jacqueline

« Reply #6434 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:18:08 PM »
So if I, as an illegal entrant, bash in the head of someone who tries to apprehend me, and then claim asylum, all is hunky dory?
Mike

Yes Michael it seems to be.  A 70 year old man was knocked to the ground outside Penally camp  by one of the security guards and landed up in hospital, no arrest for assault or action was taken.  The inmates start a fight in the camp, loads of police to sort it out,  and they are moved somewhere else, one started a fire was moved somewhere else no charges. You won't find much in the news about these incidents, seems a press blackout until one of the evil protesters are arrested then its different.    The buggers are untouchable.